Game crashes forces to turn off computer with power button

Tmh85

So im having an issue with ALL games, after about 15-20 minutes in the game goes black and the sound goes in and out like tiss tiss tiss type then It says DVI NO SIGNAL so im like well fuck, I know its not my Graphics card overheating or my CPU overheating, im having issues with my PSU and I don't want to jump to conclusions and say that it is my PSU.. Anyone know what could be the issue? I've reinstalled the driver and turned GPU to stock clocks

EDIT:

Okay so I have an update so after about 30 minutes in AC4 (Now it only happens on AC4) for a split second the monitor shows up and says  "OUT OF RANGE"
Then proceeds with the DVI no signal

Also to answer some questions I have tried stock clock and it still happens, also the GPU is still powered on and the whole PC sounds and looks like normal (Everything's powered on all the fans are spinning)

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

this happens to me on battlefield bad company 2, no idea why

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Whats your OS and did this just start occurring randomly without changing any of your components/drivers? Try a different pcie cable on your psu to gpu.

CPU: Intel i5 3570k @4200 | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | RAM: 8gb Crucial Ballistix @1600 | GPU: Evga GTX 660 TI x2 SLI | Case: Corsair C70 | Storage: WD Black 1TB, Samsung 830 126GB SSD, Kingston V300 120GB SSD | PSU: Corsair HX850 | Display(s): ASUS 2ms 24inch 1920x1080 | Cooling: Corsair H100i | Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 13 | Mouse: Razer Naga 13 

Whats your OS and did this just start occurring randomly without changing any of your components/drivers? Try a different pcie cable on your psu to gpu.

8.1 I've been having issues with this PSU for a little bit now and yes this just started happening

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

8.1 I've been having issues with this PSU for a little bit now and yes this just started happening

Are you playing all these games on steam? 

CPU: Intel i5 3570k @4200 | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | RAM: 8gb Crucial Ballistix @1600 | GPU: Evga GTX 660 TI x2 SLI | Case: Corsair C70 | Storage: WD Black 1TB, Samsung 830 126GB SSD, Kingston V300 120GB SSD | PSU: Corsair HX850 | Display(s): ASUS 2ms 24inch 1920x1080 | Cooling: Corsair H100i | Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 13 | Mouse: Razer Naga 13 

Are you playing all these games on steam? 

BF4 on Origin, Assassin's creed on Uplay and saint's row IV on steam

Hope I could help!

I've had this a few times. No idea why or how to fix it, I just have to turn it off at the wall and restart. What PSU and GPU do you have?

GTX 980 ti, i7 6700k

Its probably windows 8.1 causing problems with all your games, however there is a chance it could be your psu. Try going into windows control panel and go to the language tab and add language English. Also find region in control panel and go to administrative tab make sure unicode language is set to English,  supposley that has helped a few people. For BF4 update your punkbuster file if you havent already;should be program files-bf4-run pbsvc. For steam games try veryfying integrity of game cache in game properties. Let me know if any of this works out.

1. Open the Control Panel (icons view) in Windows 7 or Windows 8, and click/tap on the Region and Language (Windows 7) or Region (Windows 8) icon.

2. Click/tap on the Administrative tab, then click/tap on the Change system locale button. (see screenshot below)

25639d1375325802-language-non-unicode-pr

3. Select which language to use when displaying text in programs that do not support Unicode, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshots below)

25640d1375325802t-language-non-unicode-p

4. Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below step 2)

I've had this a few times. No idea why or how to fix it, I just have to turn it off at the wall and restart. What PSU and GPU do you have?

EVGA 750g (In process RMAing because of a tripping problem) And a DCUII GTX 770

Hope I could help!

Its probably windows 8.1 causing problems with all your games, however there is a chance it could be your psu. Try going into windows control panel and go to the language tab and add language English. Also find region in control panel and go to administrative tab make sure unicode language is set to English,  supposley that has helped a few people. For BF4 update your punkbuster file if you havent already;should be program files-bf4-run pbsvc. For steam games try veryfying integrity of game cache in game properties. Let me know if any of this works out.

1. Open the Control Panel (icons view) in Windows 7 or Windows 8, and click/tap on the Region and Language (Windows 7) or Region (Windows 8) icon.

2. Click/tap on the Administrative tab, then click/tap on the Change system locale button. (see screenshot below)

3. Select which language to use when displaying text in programs that do not support Unicode, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshots below)

4. Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below step 2)

The setting was on english and I've updated punkbuster and I'm in process of verifying games in steam

Hope I could help!

When it gives you the dvi no signal error does the gpu lose power?

AMD diehard & Nvidia Enthusiest

Something has to be overheating. My laptop does the same thing when it gets hot. Can't be the PSU unless your conponents are taking more power than the PSU can provide

Gaming rig- Cpu- Amd 9590, 16gbs of G Skill Ram, Gpu- GTX 760 windforce 3 edition 2gb. A Thermaltake water 2.0 water cooler for my cpu. Keyboard- Thermaltake Posieden , Case- 750D, Mobo Asus 990fx R2.0. 24 inch Dell LED monitor

Is your gpu overclocked if so try running it on stock and see if it still happens ?? it might not overheat but that doesn't mean its stable... I guess it wouldn't explain all games failing after 15/20 minutes of gameplay. but might aswell check it.

Yarrrr, ye be warned lily-livered scallywags

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLMJpHihykI#t=93

IS your GPU manually overclocked? could just be a failure there, I know AC4 made me turn my OC down as it crashed at  frequencies that no other game would

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

• 2 weeks later...

Something has to be overheating. My laptop does the same thing when it gets hot. Can't be the PSU unless your conponents are taking more power than the PSU can provide

Is your gpu overclocked if so try running it on stock and see if it still happens ?? it might not overheat but that doesn't mean its stable... I guess it wouldn't explain all games failing after 15/20 minutes of gameplay. but might aswell check it.

IS your GPU manually overclocked? could just be a failure there, I know AC4 made me turn my OC down as it crashed at  frequencies that no other game would

Okay so I have an update so after about 30 minutes in AC4 (Now it only happens on AC4) for a split second the monitor shows up and says  "OUT OF RANGE"

Also to answer some questions I have tried stock clock and it still happens, also the GPU is still powered on and the whole PC sounds and looks like normal (Everything's powered on all the fans are spinning)

Hope I could help!

Out of range.. That error can happen when you run the monitor at a resolution or refresh rate that's not native to it, so if you have the monitor running on a higher resolution or refresh rate then its intended values, please reset them..

Note that you can set thing like resolution and sometimes refresh rates in games seperatly so don't forget to check those settings..

If its not this report back and we'll look further into it.

Out of range.. That error can happen when you run the monitor at a resolution or refresh rate that's not native to it, so if you have the monitor running on a higher resolution or refresh rate then its intended values, please reset them..

Note that you can set thing like resolution and sometimes refresh rates in games seperatly so don't forget to check those settings..

If its not this report back and we'll look further into it.

My monitor is http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236153R&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-LCD+%2f+LED+Monitors-_-N82E16824236153R&ef_id=UuW3DwAAANrvfxdz:20140201194923:s but mine wasn't open box

Also I see in the display options and if I list all modes for my graphics card

vG2dVSW.jpg Which option should I choose? it was on default the 1920 by 1080 true color 32 bit 60 hertz one, Should I try the 59 hertz one?

Hope I could help!

My monitor is http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236153R&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-LCD+%2f+LED+Monitors-_-N82E16824236153R&ef_id=UuW3DwAAANrvfxdz:20140201194923:s but mine wasn't open box

Also I see in the display options and if I list all modes for my graphics card

Which option should I choose? it was on default the 1920 by 1080 true color 32 bit 60 hertz one, Should I try the 59 hertz one?

Unfortunatly all of those options are probably fine (you could try yhe 59hz one just in case) But all of those options should be native and supported by your monitor... If you did not use your videocard driver (or any third party software) to make custom resolutions (Downscaling) this shouldn't be a problem, if you did even if just to use in games stop using those resolutions.

Unfortunatly all of those options are probably fine (you could try yhe 59hz one just in case) But all of those options should be native and supported by your monitor... If you did not use your videocard driver (or any third party software) to make custom resolutions (Downscaling) this shouldn't be a problem, if you did even if just to use in games stop using those resolutions.

Ill try to run it in 1680x1050 and I'll report back if it persists

Hope I could help!

Ill try to run it in 1680x1050 and I'll report back if it persists

I do also remember a friend having a similair problem, this is what I did to fix it for him:

Boot windows into safe mode http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm

Uninstall your Nvidia drivers and remove any remaining folders.

Download the latest WHQL drivers again and do a fresh install..

This fixed it for him as his installation was corrupted.. His games kept crashing after 5 to 15 minutes or so..

I'd try this before settelling with 1680x1050 if that even works.

I do also remember a friend having a similair problem, this is what I did to fix it for him:

Boot windows into safe mode http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm

Uninstall your Nvidia drivers and remove any remaining folders.

Download the latest WHQL drivers again and do a fresh install..

This fixed it for him as his installation was corrupted.. His games kept crashing after 5 to 15 minutes or so..

I'd try this before settelling with 1680x1050 if that even works.

Ok will report back after I try :) Thanks for your help so far :)

Hope I could help!