error code 12 not enough free resources with nvidia graphics card

Go to solution Solved by firedragon76,

i fixed my issue. since i was already on the latest bios, i downgraded to a previous version of bios and the graphics card worked flawlessly. i still am on the latest chipset and drivers, only thing i did was downgrade to a previous verion of bios. i used Intel Integrator Assistant (iassist.exe) for the BIOS. it took some time to do so and i thought that my system has hanged but i still waited and the system finally booted. i also cleared my bios after the downgrade.

when i put my nvidia graphics card into my system it shows error code 12 in the device manager "not enough free resources". 

Motherboard : Intel DQ45CB

board version : AAE30148-206

Motherboard Chipset : Intel Q45 (Eaglelake-Q) + ICH10DO

Bios version : CBQ4510H.86A.0133.2011.0810.1010

CPU : Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E4700 @ 2.60GHz

GPU : NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT (1 GB)

RAM : 8 GB (DDR2 400.0 MHz - (PC2-6400))

PSU : 400 watts

i've a usb mouse and usb keyboard connected to the system, a speaker and microphone, ethernet cable.

already uninstalled Nvidia graphics with DDU and tried installing Nvidia drivers from their website but still get the same error code.

i changed gpu in bios from integrated to pci and to pcie but still the same error. even with no graphics driver i get the same error code 12 on the Microsoft basic display driver. i updated bios and chipset but to no avail.

i would really appreciate if anyone could help me resolve the issue.

thank you.

14 minutes ago, firedragon76 said:

when i put my nvidia graphics card into my system it shows error code 12 in the device manager "not enough free resources". 

Motherboard : Intel DQ45CB

board version : AAE30148-206

Motherboard Chipset : Intel Q45 (Eaglelake-Q) + ICH10DO

Bios version : CBQ4510H.86A.0133.2011.0810.1010

CPU : Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E4700 @ 2.60GHz

GPU : NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT (1 GB)

RAM : 8 GB (DDR2 400.0 MHz - (PC2-6400))

i've a usb mouse and usb keyboard connected to the system, a speaker and microphone, ethernet cable.

i would really appreciate if anyone could help me resolve the issue.

thank you.

uninstall the driver 100% then reinstall the latest from Nvidia's website that is available for your card.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

i already uninstalled with DDU and tried installing Nvidia drivers from their website but still get the same error code.

i changed gpu in bios from integrated to pci and to pcie but still the same error.

Try installing the driver's with GeForce experience, it can see your system better then you can, maybe you are trying the wrong drivers. 

Here is code 12 from Microsofts offical forum. Maybe even doing a "fresh start" from the windows settings may help you out. Or if you have access and ability to do a clean windows reinstall. 

Screenshot_20190226-071341.png

Tried installing the driver with GeForce experience, it's the same driver version. no effect, still error code 12. tried troubleshooting but that does not resolve the issue. if you guys need any info to properly troubleshoot the issue i'll be more than happy to provide it. thank you again for your time and efforts, i really appreciate it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/28/2019 at 10:26 PM, firedragon76 said:

anyone???

Same problem with rx480

i fixed my issue. since i was already on the latest bios, i downgraded to a previous version of bios and the graphics card worked flawlessly. i still am on the latest chipset and drivers, only thing i did was downgrade to a previous verion of bios. i used Intel Integrator Assistant (iassist.exe) for the BIOS. it took some time to do so and i thought that my system has hanged but i still waited and the system finally booted. i also cleared my bios after the downgrade.