Siberia v2 or logitech g230/430

JeroenB

Hello,

Im looking for my first headset and pinned my choice to these 2/3 headsets. my budget is 70 euro and nothing more. im looking for a sturdy headset that has both good sound and a good mic while having a long lifespan.  

1.Steelseries siberia v2

2. logitech 230

3. logitech 430

Surround sound insn't required but i dont know if the 430 is better than the 230 apart from having a usb dongle. Also i just have onboard sound and no dedicated card. So what would you reccoment me?

Thx in advance. ( btw i hope this peripherals forum is more alive than the toms's one :P ) 

Edit: With 'good' i do not mean adiophile quality but alot more than the average earbuds. 

The Siberias are better, but headphones + mic is almost always a better choice, but I doubt you can get something really good with a good mic for €70.

Go for th Siberia V2 is what I say.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

The Siberias are better, but headphones + mic is almost always a better choice, but I doubt you can get something really good with a good mic for €70.

Go for th Siberia V2 is what I say.

I understand that but for what i have found its always alot higher then my budget. So do you have some examples maybe? 

I understand that but for what i have found its always alot higher then my budget. So do you have some examples maybe? 

From what I've heard, the Pioneer SE-A1000 is a good budget headphone, but again, I don't think you can get a good mic with it in the budget.

@ShearMe might have some better options too.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

From what I've heard, the Pioneer SE-A1000 is a good budget headphone, but again, I don't think you can get a good mic with it in the budget.

@ShearMe might have some better options too.

I forgot to mension where i would use the headset for. But im going to use it for listening to music while gaming ( prefered hardstyle), and the mic is just skype and teamspeak good. So no high noice/ backround or very low sound so i have to yell quality :P. Soo i wont need a recording snowball microphone standard of good. So i think that the siberia´s are fine then. 

Are there others with a different opinion or do you think that the siberia´s are the better choice. let me know. 

I have a steelseries Siberia elite v2 headset. Very Happy with it . I highly recommend them

Looking for a job

I'm a happy owner of a pair of Steel Series Siberia V2's (red edition). My brother has a pair as well (blue version).

For the cost, performance, and build quality, the V2's are pretty good - I would recommend them.

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

I sugest you look at Senhheiser PC 320, it is not very gamer looking but it sounds very good for that price.

http://www.amazon.de/Sennheiser-PC-320-Gaming-Headset/dp/B005HWEZ02/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390125646&sr=8-1&keywords=SENNHEISER+pc320

also i realy sugest you go and try anything you think of buying because comfort is very important for a gaming headset. I personaly owned a Siberia V2 some time ago and I find it very comfortable but in the summer it is very hot (more so then others I've used), espesially with the humidity in The Netherlands. And finaly I sugest you don't buy a headset with included usb sound card but give it some time and safe for a proper sound card I always recomend Xonar DX but there are many other options and the guys here can help you with that too when the time comes.

I sugest you look at Senhheiser PC 320, it is not very gamer looking but it sounds very good for that price.

http://www.amazon.de/Sennheiser-PC-320-Gaming-Headset/dp/B005HWEZ02/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390125646&sr=8-1&keywords=SENNHEISER+pc320

also i realy sugest you go and try anything you think of buying because comfort is very important for a gaming headset. I personaly owned a Siberia V2 some time ago and I find it very comfortable but in the summer it is very hot (more so then others I've used), espesially with the humidity in The Netherlands. And finaly I sugest you don't buy a headset with included usb sound card but give it some time and safe for a proper sound card I always recomend Xonar DX but there are many other options and the guys here can help you with that too when the time comes.

ive been looking for a soundcard as well yesterday. i found the xonar dxg for 30 euro. Problem is that if i put it in my mobo i cover my gpu's fans. ( but i have a new case and mobo in the back of my head so) ( i have a micro- atx now and i want atx)  ive seen the pc320 yea. thats where my hype started about getting some headsets for gaming. ( i could have got them free) 

post-54596-0-24762700-1390147459.jpg

The Xonar DGX is just the headphone amp and it can do very little about the sound quality. That is why I sugest the DX it is a very good sound card and you will notice a difference, also most gaming headsets don't need an amp anyway and if you use an amp you will start to hear distortion because of the lower quality drivers. I know it is twice the price but you should safe in my opinion.

I have owned quite a few sennheiser products and I always get the best for my money, so You could not go wrong with them.

And if you are looking into DGX seriously you would be able to find a mobo with better then normal sound card for a good price, that will offer the same, but I will reserve my recomendation on that untill I know more about your plans because it is a very complex decicion and I know how dificult it is to work on a buget.

Siberia. good sound quality and great mic quality.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Surround sound insn't required but i dont know if the 430 is better than the 230 apart from having a usb dongle. 

The only differences between the G430 and the G230 are the USB adapter (which enables surround sound) and the colors of the earcups and audio cord.  

Gaming mouse and racing wheel product manager for

Logitech G. Follow us on Facebook or Twitter.

The Xonar DGX is just the headphone amp and it can do very little about the sound quality. That is why I sugest the DX it is a very good sound card and you will notice a difference, also most gaming headsets don't need an amp anyway and if you use an amp you will start to hear distortion because of the lower quality drivers. I know it is twice the price but you should safe in my opinion.

I have owned quite a few sennheiser products and I always get the best for my money, so You could not go wrong with them.

And if you are looking into DGX seriously you would be able to find a mobo with better then normal sound card for a good price, that will offer the same, but I will reserve my recomendation on that untill I know more about your plans because it is a very complex decicion and I know how dificult it is to work on a buget.

Ah ok good to hear that ( so i wont waste my money). I havent researched into soundcards alot and im new to the sound part of computers so il keep a look for the dgx. 

I think im good with the siberia's. After reading tons of reviews and going from turtle beach px22 to kraken pros to etc... i think im good with the siberia's. 

Turtle beach where reviewd as exelent sound but i could read any good about the build quality. Also the looks look for a 10-year old. And the krakens just dont have a inline volume control wich is  a need. ( liked the looks of it though( black one) ) . So siberia's are very reccommended so that will prob be my decision. 

I think im good with the siberia's. After reading tons of reviews and going from turtle beach px22 to kraken pros to etc... i think im good with the siberia's. 

Turtle beach where reviewd as exelent sound but i could read any good about the build quality. Also the looks look for a 10-year old. And the krakens just dont have a inline volume control wich is  a need. ( liked the looks of it though( black one) ) . So siberia's are very reccommended so that will prob be my decision. 

Go for it, I think you will be pleased, also just to be clear, I was talking about the "DX" not the "DGX" they are different.

P.S.: Also the mic is the best on the Siberia.

Go for it, I think you will be pleased, also just to be clear, I was talking about the "DX" not the "DGX" they are different.

P.S.: Also the mic is the best on the Siberia.

il pick it up tomorrow. And yea i was happy with your info that the dgx was useless, so i wouldnt missbuy it. il come back with another tread when im ready for a soundcard. I will deff keep the DGX in my head since im not planning to buy a super expensive soundcard if i dont have the headset for it (wich im as well, not going to upgrade to audiophile quality) 

• 2 years later...

So JeroenB, Did you buy that siberia headset? What about it? Is it good or bad tell us your experience about it, cos I want to buy one for my self and still cannot figure which to buy. I came up with 4,

Logitech G230

ASUS Cerberus

Raptor HS40

Siberia v2 or siberia 200

2 hours ago, Anduru Hadawatha said:

So JeroenB, Did you buy that siberia headset? What about it? Is it good or bad tell us your experience about it, cos I want to buy one for my self and still cannot figure which to buy. I came up with 4,

Logitech G230

ASUS Cerberus

Raptor HS40

Siberia v2 or siberia 200

Out of those list, i would go for the Siberia V2. I wouldn't recommend anything else from Steelseries's new headset line up. V2 was the best and none of the new ones, except the overpriced Siberia Elite Prism could beat it. 2nd option from that list would be the Asus, this is only due to lack of information on the Raptor and crappy headsets made by logitech. ASUS has made some very nice gaming peripherals although they aren't as popular as the main big brands. Their quality is great and is trustworthy. Logitech although make extremely good mice (i only use logitech G303 and G900), they don't make good headsets, they never have. Although the new G633 was decent, it wasn't good either.

I personally would get the Hyper X Cloud's 1/2/Pro over all your options, while my old Siberia V2 frost blue has been amazing for the 2/3 years i used it before it broke, the Hyper X Clouds are better, in both sound quality and comfort.