Lenovo Ideapad 110S-11IBR DC Port

Dudefoxlive

I'm just gonna copy this from my reddit post. I hope that's ok.

Hi, I was given a Lenovo Ideapad 110S-11IBR netbook as I will call it and the charging port is broken. I did some research and this was a common issue with this device. Well apparently no one is able to locate a charging port for it. Googling the issue with this device you come across this link (https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-1xx-3xx-5xx-7xx/lenovo-ideapad-110S-11IBR-dc-jack/td-p/4070626) and you can see how weird this port is. I see someone said they re soldered the middle pin back to the piece it worked. Well I'm not good with soldering and would rather replace the whole port to make sure that it is good. Does anyone have any idea on what I can do? I am looking into a replacement motherboard but they are at least half the price of a working unit on eBay and the charging port no one has been able to locate. I would really like some help on what can be done. If I can get this device fixed I'm going to get a nice M.2 SSD to upgrade the storage and fix the broken plastics on it.

You can also contact Lenovo Support directly, at least to have the price of the repair, they do out of warranty repair.

Edit : I found on Aliexpress (link) a power connector.

1 minute ago, matt-fr said:

You can also contact Lenovo Support directly, at least to have the price of the repair, they do out of warranty repair.

I was quite tempted to do that but there's a few problems with that. I am not the original owner of the machine and don't have any of the information they would want. Also the plastic case has cracks all over it and if they open it up they will easily be able to tell liquid has entered the machine. I know for a fact the liquid is not the problem as the port it self is not making contact vir multi meter test. I do plan to replace the case with new ones so the cracks are gone. Seems like i have no other choice but to replace the motherboard.

8 minutes ago, Dudefoxlive said:

I was quite tempted to do that but there's a few problems with that. I am not the original owner of the machine and don't have any of the information they would want. Also the plastic case has cracks all over it and if they open it up they will easily be able to tell liquid has entered the machine. I know for a fact the liquid is not the problem as the port it self is not making contact vir multi meter test. I do plan to replace the case with new ones so the cracks are gone. Seems like i have no other choice but to replace the motherboard.

When they do an out of warranty repair, they don't care if you are the original owner or not and if you have the invoice or not.

They will ask for the serial number, your information's and what is the problem on the computer. Most of the time, they apply a flat rate depending on the problem.

Just in case you didn't see my edited message, I found on Aliexpress (link) a power connector.

2 minutes ago, matt-fr said:

When they do an out of warranty repair, they don't care if you are the original owner or not and if you have the invoice or not.

They will ask for the serial number, your information's and what is the problem on the computer. Most of the time, they apply a flat rate depending on the problem.

Just in case you didn't see my edited message, I found on Aliexpress (link) a power connector.

OK i will try contacting them later today. Also the DC Jack you provided is not the correct type. If you look at the link (https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-1xx-3xx-5xx-7xx/lenovo-ideapad-110S-11IBR-dc-jack/td-p/4070626) you can see how different they are compared to the one you sent. But thanks anyway.