Meshify C Case Fans

SOLO_AVENGER

Currently running a GTX 1080 Ti SC2 in a Meshify C with stock fans, I would like to upgrade the fans in order to reduce the temperature of the GPU to under 70C when gaming (it currently hovers around 75C). My motherboard does support PWM. I am currently looking at the Corsair ML140 dual pack for £25, a single Noctua NF-A14 IPPC 2000RPM or 3000RPM for around £23, or a Noctua NF-A14 Chromax for £23 however I am not sure about which to choose, my main priority is reducing the temperature without having the computer sound like a jet (the computer is around 50cm from me), however it is always nice to have the option to increase airflow when needed. Any other fan options are also welcome, this is the first time I am actually purchasing new case fans which is why I am hesitant about spending double the money for the Noctua fans. I noticed that the Noctua fans have rubber dampeners in the corners and the ML140s do not, will vibration be a problem with the ML140?

Thanks for any response.

23 minutes ago, SOLO_AVENGER said:

Currently running a GTX 1080 Ti SC2 in a Meshify C with stock fans, I would like to upgrade the fans in order to reduce the temperature of the GPU to under 70C when gaming (it currently hovers around 75C). My motherboard does support PWM. I am currently looking at the Corsair ML140 dual pack for £25, a single Noctua NF-A14 IPPC 2000RPM or 3000RPM for around £23, or a Noctua NF-A14 Chromax for £23 however I am not sure about which to choose, my main priority is reducing the temperature without having the computer sound like a jet (the computer is around 50cm from me), however it is always nice to have the option to increase airflow when needed. Any other fan options are also welcome, this is the first time I am actually purchasing new case fans which is why I am hesitant about spending double the money for the Noctua fans. I noticed that the Noctua fans have rubber dampeners in the corners and the ML140s do not, will vibration be a problem with the ML140?

Thanks for any response.

Vibration won't really be a problem, though the Noctua fans will be slightly quieter. 

-Llama

Ryzen 7 1700X - Cryorig C7 - Gigabyte Gaming B450 Wifi - 16GB GSKILL Aegis DDR4-3000mghz - WD Black NVMe 250GB M.2 / WD Black 2.5 1TB HD - Gigabyte Radeon RX 580 8GB - FD Node 202

"Never trust a computer you can’t throw out a window."

— Steve Wozniak

PCPartPicker - Steam - GitHub

Like Llama said, the vibration will not be an issue. 

The best way to maximize airflow is to go with dual 140mm fans in the front and a single 120mm in the rear.  No need for fans in the top, on my Define C I didn't notice any change in temperature with those. 

Adding more fresh air may not affect GPU temperature though.  Many GPUs have their fan curve set to run at a certain temperature.  Increasing the airflow may simply result in your GPU running at the exact same temperature, albeit with a lower GPU fan RPM. 

If the motherboard does indeed support PWM (some only do voltage control despite having 4 pins, so double check the manual and contact the manufacturer when in doubt), personally I'd rip out all stock fans and replace them all with PWM fans.  Especially if the tower is close to you, having the fans idle at 12-15% speed instead of 40-50% will make a noticeable difference in terms of sound.  As long as the system is idling, it'll still have enough airflow at that low RPM. 

Sure, that extra bit of noise reduction will bump up your budget quite a bit.  How much you're willing to spend on silence is a choice you'll have to make, we can't do that for you. 

For less noise, avoid iPPC fans. But why do you have feeling temps should be lower? I don't think getting more airflow will help significantly with that. Changing paste on GPU cooler might, as well as lowering your room temp. 70-75C is good temps for GPU. Getting them closer to 65C would mean radical cooling change to GPU itself.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

For less noise, avoid iPPC fans. But why do you have feeling temps should be lower? I don't think getting more airflow will help significantly with that. Changing paste on GPU cooler might, as well as lowering your room temp. 70-75C is good temps for GPU. Getting them closer to 65C would mean radical cooling change to GPU itself.

I don't really have a lot of air flow in my case at the moment as I am only using the stock fans and so the GPU causes the case to heat up significantly when at full load. I'm hoping that the fans will let the GPU get colder air so that the GPUs ability to overclock can be improved or the noise output from the GPU can be reduced as it can get pretty loud for me, even with the GPU fans only at 50/60%. I don't think 65C is too far off as I get around 60C when running the card at 2GHz with the side panel open and the fans at 70%, so 65C to 70C could be possible.

6 hours ago, SOLO_AVENGER said:

I don't really have a lot of air flow in my case at the moment as I am only using the stock fans and so the GPU causes the case to heat up significantly when at full load.

Fractal fans are the better stock fans. I use two of older ones as my intakes.

I'm hoping that the fans will let the GPU get colder air so that the GPUs ability to overclock can be improved or the noise output from the GPU can be reduced as it can get pretty loud for me, even with the GPU fans only at 50/60%. I don't think 65C is too far off as I get around 60C when running the card at 2GHz with the side panel open and the fans at 70%, so 65C to 70C could be possible.

I would agree that, but you aren't getting there with just case fans. But you do you. I've changed fans in past, as well as moved from restrictive case to one with more airflow. Temps only change up to 7C. Usually just under 5C changes. Like when I tested difference between side fan and window.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv