Lefthanded solution

Hello I'm an artist I spend most of my time with a regular mouse and keyboard for right handed (I had to adjust) , that was good untill now I'm going to no longer work mostly in 3d were a regular mouse and keyboard setup is good but I'm going to sculpt and paint a lot using a tablet. 
This create a problem I use my left hand for the pen but I also need my macro that keyboard and software manifacturer putted on the left side of the keyboard.
I tried to remap every keybind on the other side but is a laborios task also you always foget something so it's impossible also the keylayout and size are not exaclty simmetrical. also when I don't need the pen now I require a left mouse to work with.
I looked online for lefthanded keyboard with no luck they just shifted the key not mirrored the placement of them making it useless.
I'm now looking for costum solution now hoping to find something better than a square numpad to keymap.

Do you know any brand that do costum order for keyboard of give you a kit that is not designed just for right hand people in mind ?

hi, you should look into the Logitech G13 Gaming Keyboard pad, is oldish but still relevant (it was release in 2008), it has also gone up in price, I bought mine for $150( sold it and bough another one for almost as much). If you get it from third party retailers, you are going to pay a premium (Logitech doesn't offer it on their store anymore). you can also find it on ebay for cheap ($80 if you buy it now at the time of this writing) if you are willing to go that route. There are other cheaper alternatives but Logitech in my opinion is the best (https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=Logitech+G13+Programmable+Gameboard)

What is so special about the G-13?

Its programmable, and is not just for games, you can position it either on your left or right side since its symmetrical (although it was meant to be on the left and you cant re position the joystick). They keyboard use the Logitech Gaming software which allows you to set profiles for specific applications and devices. you can create profiles for you applications and activate the profile when you run the app and all they keys will be working based on the profile macros. the software also work with other Logitech devices, I have a Logitech 602 mouse with programmable keys and everything works together based on the selected profile. You can also assign colors for each profile if you like.

In my opinion the G-13 will give you the freedom you are looking..you probably wont even have to use the key on you tablet or pen (Im assuming you use a Wacom tablet like I do lol)

Good luck

2019-02-23 14.23.14.jpg

2019-02-23 14.23.22.jpg

2019-02-23 14.23.26.jpg

2019-02-23 14.23.37.jpg

2019-02-23 14.23.43.jpg

Screenshot 2019-02-23 14.24.25.png

Spoiler

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4820K CPU @ 3.70GHz      Mobo: Asrock X-79 Extreme 4-M

Ram: G.SKILL TridentX Series 24GB             Graphics: Asus Turbo GTX 1080Ti 11GB SLI

Monitor: - Vizio M321i-A2 32", HP 27WM (x2) in Nvidia Surround 5760x1080  - Element E1SW2418M 1920x1080

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO LAN Box        HDD:Samsung 750 EVO SSD         PSU: Corsair AX1200i           Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K55 RGB Keyboard

Game Keyboard: Logitech G13 Joystick         Mouse: Logitech G602 Gaming Mouse       Headset: Logitech G633 Gaming Headset

Good call I like this idea!
Since I won't use it for gaming the fact that is not oriented like the other keypad solution make it worth a try !

Maybe in the future I check if there is a way to frankestain it in the other side.

I see that you have it can I ask you a quick favour ? if you place your right hand on it the thumb need a rest area or is fine as it is? 

Also if the joystick don't interfere with your palm.

Thanks anyway I think is much better than a Numer numpad to program

There are many programmables out there i woulda not pay more than 75 for g13