Installing a smart TV?

boey

So basically I know just about nothing about TVs and set top boxes and whatnot. I currently have a set top box running cable TV, connected to an old 31” Samsung TV(even my monitor is bigger than that). Can I just plug in a new smart Tv, connect an ethernet cable to it and start watching? Looking to get a LG 49' SMART UHD TV 49UJ632T

Yeah.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

16 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

So basically I know just about nothing about TVs and set top boxes and whatnot. I currently have a set top box running cable TV, connected to an old 31” Samsung TV(even my monitor is bigger than that). Can I just plug in a new smart Tv, connect an ethernet cable to it and start watching? Looking to get a LG 49' SMART UHD TV 49UJ632T

You pretty much can do that...On a smart TV you can even do with only connecting it to a network and get a subscription on Netflix or whatever and start watching stuff. You can even get most common TV channels for free using some apps and a playlist file that contains links to free live broadcasting channels over the internet 

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T |Asus M4A88T-M |A-DATA 8 GB(4x2) @1333|Asus R7 360 2G OC|Asus TA-M1|Hitachi 7211 1TB|Fortron 460W|Windows 10 pro 64

yea once you find the right apps and subscriptions you want that has the shows your interested in you will dump provider cable and stick with just internet...take a few weeks to research and figure out whats what but in the long run so much better....my house has been provider cable free for over 5 years and even recently made my father in law a believer.

but definitely start with netflix and amazon prime....hulu has live local tv. plus other offerings....sling tv also has live. and still theres much much more in apps and stuff with just free content.

even if you subscribed to all 4 that i mentioned your still easily half the price of most provder cable packages and you get a whole lot more the what providers even provide in my opinion.

oh and have multiple tvs but they arnt smart? as long as they have hdmi you can grab a roku or firestick and the like and make them smart tvs. the subscriptions will work for all tvs in the house as long as theres a device for the apps