[HELP] Continuously hearing USB Disconnect sounds

After many days of google searching and research, I have found MANY solutions to this issue, but none of them have worked for me.

All of my usb devices work PROPERLY, along with my Monitor working properly. However the sound still happens.

Here's what I've done so far...

1. BIOS Firmware Flash+Update, twice.

2. USB Device Manager drivers update, disable, enable, you name it.

3. Swapped around all of my devices to multiple other USB Ports, even testing 1 device at a time AND ZERO devices, sound still happens.

4. Swapped around my onboard USB headers to other USB headers on the motherboard

5. Plugged my Displayport into all 3 ports of my GPU to no avail

6. Reinstalled every possible driver for my motherboard and Realtek

7. Set power options to Ultimate Performance AND disabled OS USB power controlling features

Motherboard: ASUS Z390-A Prime

CPU: Intel i7 8700k

GPU: Gigabyte RTX2080 OC White

Here's what I haven't tried yet because I don't know how helpful it would be...

1. My H500i has an RGB / Fan controller pre-installed, I could replace that or bypass it completely?

2. Swapped the motherboard for a new one to see if the mobo has faulty usb ports?

3. Just friken muted the disconnect sounds via Windows and be done with it.

4. Disabling XMP to OC my DRAM to its intended 3200mhz?

What do you all think? It hasn't changed performance or usability AT ALL... yet..

7 minutes ago, ZachaferX said:

After many days of google searching and research, I have found MANY solutions to this issue, but none of them have worked for me.

All of my usb devices work PROPERLY, along with my Monitor working properly. However the sound still happens.

Here's what I've done so far...

1. BIOS Firmware Flash+Update, twice.

2. USB Device Manager drivers update, disable, enable, you name it.

3. Swapped around all of my devices to multiple other USB Ports, even testing 1 device at a time AND ZERO devices, sound still happens.

4. Swapped around my onboard USB headers to other USB headers on the motherboard

5. Plugged my Displayport into all 3 ports of my GPU to no avail

6. Reinstalled every possible driver for my motherboard and Realtek

7. Set power options to Ultimate Performance AND disabled OS USB power controlling features

Motherboard: ASUS Z390-A Prime

CPU: Intel i7 8700k

GPU: Gigabyte RTX2080 OC White

Here's what I haven't tried yet because I don't know how helpful it would be...

1. My H500i has an RGB / Fan controller pre-installed, I could replace that or bypass it completely?

2. Swapped the motherboard for a new one to see if the mobo has faulty usb ports?

3. Just friken muted the disconnect sounds via Windows and be done with it.

4. Disabling XMP to OC my DRAM to its intended 3200mhz?

What do you all think? It hasn't changed performance or usability AT ALL... yet..

Check with one of your devices thats connected to USB.  Remove them all except mouse and keyboard and see if you hear the sound.  Then connect one by one and check.  That disconnect means its a issue with device and usb hub and what not.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

2 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

Check with one of your devices thats connected to USB.  Remove them all except mouse and keyboard and see if you hear the sound.  Then connect one by one and check.  That disconnect means its a issue with device and usb hub and what not.

I have tried that Turtle, the sound still occurs with 0 devices connected or just each one individually. I've tried all combinations of them connected.

It's hard to test because the sound also doesn't happen for sometimes hours, then it won't stop for 30 minutes straight, then just go away on it's own.

or just look in the event log for which device ID is being added or removed.

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>

1 minute ago, Slayerking92 said:

or just look in the event log for which device ID is being added or removed.

i tried that but its every hard to see which one it is happening to, as the list fully vanishes and then repopulates each time. Do you know of a better way to do this?

2 minutes ago, ZachaferX said:

i tried that but its every hard to see which one it is happening to, as the list fully vanishes and then repopulates each time. Do you know of a better way to do this?

open the run command (WIN+R) and type "eventvwr.msc"

it should be in "window logs" --> "System"

or try something like http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_log_view.html

Slayerking92

3 minutes ago, Slayerking92 said:

https://gyazo.com/6070e112b5f9111b3626737356a20d96

https://gyazo.com/6982396c57b3ba6f71c9a020cd417857

https://gyazo.com/1da0b9e00268d5c621d8cd549e0062d8

If everything works as it should you could just disable that sound using control panel and that's it.

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

5 minutes ago, ZachaferX said:

The one with the yellow warning seems to be from a USB service.  But you might have better luck with that other program,  or at least its easier to decipher.

image.png.12f5f99e2a6e61c00abc417d40ecb691.png

all you need to do is have it open, and wait for the device to disconnect and reconnect.

Slayerking92

46 minutes ago, Slayerking92 said:

The one with the yellow warning seems to be from a USB service.  But you might have better luck with that other program,  or at least its easier to decipher.

image.png.12f5f99e2a6e61c00abc417d40ecb691.png

all you need to do is have it open, and wait for the device to disconnect and reconnect.

I've got it running, i'll repost here when it happens again and show my findings, thank you!

18 hours ago, Slayerking92 said:

The sounds seem to only happen in the first 10 minutes or so of booting up my PC, and USBLogView doesn't show any devices disconnecting or connecting when the sound happens

This might sound like an odd questions, but is the room the PC is in carpeted?  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

• 1 month later...

Did you ever find a fix for this? I have the same issue and it's driving me bonkers. I've only just installed USBLogView though and of course it's not making any noises now. 

Where is the closure!?!  We need closure!!!

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case