Microphone: 3.5mm vs USB

Video Beagle

I'm vaguely thinking of getting a microphone for my computer setup.... I don't do the streaming and stuff you whippersnappers do, but might be handy to have one.

Found a cheap mic on ebay, vintage/retro look (and yes, I'm mainly shopping for looks)

958255411_ScreenShot2019-02-22at1_43_59AM.png.43d064d4e2f6e93f026432c5c76b92e5.png

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Retro-Omnidirectional-Anti-noise-3-5mm-Condenser-Microphone-For-Laptop-PC-R4A7/132918280678?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Portable-Retro-Omnidirectional-Anti-noise-USB-Condenser-Microphone-For-PC-O4Y0/143087505454?

It comes in a 3.5mm model and a usb one... the two computers I'd use it with...one has both mic in and usb, the other only usb (I have a usb->headphone/mic adapter for it).

So my question is which would be the better idea? (I'm leaning towards the 3.5mm for some thought that the dac in the usb is likely real cheap).

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

i'd go with the 3.5mm, cuz if your onboard audio was bad, you can always buy an external sound card and it would be better. unlike if you bought the usb, if the (i forgot what its exactly called) audio adapter built in the usb itself is bad then you're just stuck. 

My experience:

I had a mic that was decent but my onboard audio has a lot of static so i decided to buy an unbranded usb mic thinking it would be good. when i plugged it in, it had way more static than my onboard audio and sounds way worse. ended up buying an external soundcard for the mic and now i have the audio quality i want. i just dismantled the usb mic and threw it around cuz it was basically useless at that point.