Regarding Liquid Cooler Warranty

jiyeon

Hi, so recently I've been wanting to dive into the world of liquid cooling with an AIO because I'm sick of how much dust my air tower cooler gets as well as my quadruple case fan setup. I've been particularly interested in the NZXT Kraken X62 and the Arctic Freezer Liquid Cooler 240.

The thing is, I'm very afraid leaks because I can't afford to replace what casualties I might experience if a leak were to occur.

Is there any sort of legal documentation regarding the coolers that covers any components that might get affected should a leak occur? I'm not holding my breath on the Arctc one, but I've heard around the internet of people whom have had their Corsair AIOs leak had their affected components replaced by Corsair themselves, typically matching the monetary value of aforementioned affected components.

I specifically saw this video which is where my curiousity for casualty damage protection came from:

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

Leaks are rare, and you're in the 5% if it does happen to you.

But for the most part, manufacturers will back your destroyed parts if the cooler does leak and fry others with it 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

2 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Leaks are rare, and you're in the 5% if it does happen to you.

But for the most part, manufacturers will back your destroyed parts if the cooler does leak and fry others with it 

NZXT:

NZXT shall not, in any event, be liable for any incidental or consequential damage

Corsair:

CORSAIR SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER

* some local laws do not allow the exclusion or limitation of special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages, so this limitation or exclusion may not apply in your jurisdiction.

From what I can tell, this is saying they're not obliged to cover it. They might still do it though.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

10 minutes ago, Imbellis said:

NZXT:

Corsair:

From what I can tell, this is saying they're not obliged to cover it. They might still do it though.

Hm, that must have been changed within the past few years then. 

I bought an H100i GTX a while back and Im sure there was a guarantee of reimbursement, I'll see if I can find that paper

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

3 minutes ago, Imbellis said:

NZXT:

NZXT shall not, in any event, be liable for any incidental or consequential damage

Corsair:

CORSAIR SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER

* some local laws do not allow the exclusion or limitation of special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages, so this limitation or exclusion may not apply in your jurisdiction.

Yikes. This is why I stick with air coolers.

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

Hm, that must have been changed within the past few years then. 

I bought an H100i GTX a while back and there was a guarantee of reimbursement, I'll see if I can find that paper

Yeah, I swear I've watched a video on YouTube before of a guy who had his Corsair AIO leak and in the description, he wrote that Corsair gave him $500 to cover damages.

I'll edit into my OP if I find it.