PC gamepad controllers - keep Gambling 3rd party OR buy a branded good controller

dgsddfgdfhgs

I have used a 3rd party gamepad for pc games for 2~3 years, now the membrane of button cracks and hardly pop up back.(I bought it cheap for ~$13 )

Now I am thinking should I get another one hope it works and feels good or get a PS4 ($42) / xbox controller right away

(not a fan of xbox, since its NOT symmetric!!)

If I get a ps4 controller , would it possible to use autofire? is wireless (bluetooth) latency a huge issue? also what can the touchpad do on pc?

5 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

I have used a 3rd party gamepad for pc games for 2~3 years, now the membrane of button cracks and hardly pop up back.(I bought it cheap for ~$13 )

Now I am thinking should I get another one hope it works and feels good or get a PS4 ($42) / xbox controller right away

If I get a ps4 controller , would it possible to use autofire? is wireless (bluetooth) latency a huge issue? also what can the touchpad do on pc?

Just get a usb one and no to the bluetooth and autofire to my knowledge

I bought a gamesir t4 a few months back, it's pretty good, the sticks could use some texture or something to help keep my thumbs from sliding off, but had dinput, xinput, and a proprietary connection mode, and turbo function. Has built in rechargeable battery and weighs just a little less than a xbone controller. I prefer it over the xbone controller I got last year. Usable wireless with dongle or wired, uses a usb type c port and comes with a standard usb to usb-c adapter

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

21 minutes ago, Triventular said:

you could try a logitech f710 if you want wireless and symmetrical

its only ~$5 cheaper than the ps4,  Dont like its keyboards, premium priced membrane keyboards everywhere, not sure about its gamepad

2 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

its only ~$5 cheaper than the ps4,  Dont like its keyboards, premium priced membrane keyboards everywhere, not sure about its gamepad

i only had the wired version (f310) and my gripes with it are the triggers are kinda hard along with buttons and analog sticks that are kinda stiff for my taste. but its using the same form factor as a dual shock which is a plus and it has xinput/dinput so it would work on a lot of older games too..

you could use a ps4 controller but i think its detected as dinput which some games have poor support on no support at all. you can use a program named ds4windows to solve your problems but your stuck with most games using xbox prompts instead of playstation style ones

5 minutes ago, Cyracus said:

I bought a gamesir t4 a few months back, it's pretty good,

looks good, it also has lots of other layout & models, G3/ g4 etc..

time to study the reviews

36 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

time to study the reviews

I saw some that claimed connectivity issues, but I've never had problems. I use it from up to 10 ft away and make sure there's line of sight between the controller and dongle. I use it mainly for retroarch and use their proprietary mode which is not mentioned in manual (I had other controllers and retroarch was assigning them the same input or something, I was probably doing something wrong but proprietary mode, not to beat a dead horse, but it just worked) That's it for my 2 cents.

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

2 hours ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

I used to agree with you.... then I started playing with the xbox controller more. Honestly I think the xbox controller is a bit better than the PS controller. My left thumb is just less cramped on it. 

47 minutes ago, Cyracus said:

. I use it from up to 10 ft away and make sure there's line of sight between the controller and dongle.

yep , 2.4G requires nearly no obstacles, my current one betop d2e (only direction stick) )was only ~2-3 meters away and disconnects if I put it under a wooden table lol.

so usb extension is very important

31 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

then I started playing with the xbox controller more. Honestly I think the xbox controller is a bit better than the PS controller

got used to PS layout of the d-pad & L-stick, shouldnt be a big issue. but d-pad for PS is a sure win to me, no accidental inputs