High Pitched Sound From Computer.

hunnids

This is my dalema. I have a high pitched noise coming from my computer from somewhere... 

I first thought it was my graphics card replaced it with a brand new one. Same noise.

I then thought it was my power supply and replaced it with a new one. Same noise.

I then thought it could be my motherboard same thing replaced it with a brand new one. Same thing....

Its definitely not the fans i turn them all off and when im in a game it still happens. Please help im desperate... 

It only happens when im in a game! I ran Prime 95 and nothing. Here is a video of it doing it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTNGztVllfM

Specs:

Ryzen 5 2600 with T2 Cooler master Cooler

MSI Tomahawk Mother Board

RTX 2060 EVGA Ultra 

Corsair 16Gb 3000mhz Ram. 

CS650m PSU. 

Please and thanks! 

normally I'd say something like "high pitched noise while gaming, ah ha! Coil wine. either from the psu, gpu or mobo"

But if you really have replaced all those components then that leaves only a couple things, either drives, or fans. And you claim to have turned off the fans while the computer is running, okay, so then its your drive perhaps? 

What kind of storage do you have?

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Have you checked your CPU cooler or it's fan?  I presume you didn't unplug it for testing and the motherboard typically doesn't let you force that all the way off for obvious reasons.  It'd be safest to test swapping out that fan and making sure no wires are touching fans or other parts (or rubbing).

Just now, Atmos said:

normally I'd say something like "high pitched noise while gaming, ah ha! Coil wine. either from the psu, gpu or mobo"

But if you really have replaced all those components then that leaves only a couple things, either drives, or fans. And you claim to have turned off the fans while the computer is running, okay, so then its your drive perhaps? 

What kind of storage do you have?

So I have a 500gb SSD Samsung Evo. That is located in the drive bay next to the power supply. It doesn’t sound like the sound is coming from there. It sounds like it’s coming from the CPU ram area. I’m just so confused and lost :(

Have you tried a different monitor? At my old job, one of the teachers had a monitor that would coilwhine whenever the power led was lit. So if the monitor was asleep, it would whine every-other second as the led would blink in sleep state.

That sounds like it's coil whine, which can happen on components even if you replace it with another one. Can you pinpoint the exact location the sound is coming from? Usually, when gaming the graphics card will be making coil whine, and there isn't much you can do about it.

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Just now, hunnids said:

So I have a 500gb SSD Samsung Evo. That is located in the drive bay next to the power supply. It doesn’t sound like the sound is coming from there. It sounds like it’s coming from the CPU ram area. I’m just so confused and lost :(

Just now, LogicWeasel said:

Have you checked your CPU cooler or it's fan?  I presume you didn't unplug it for testing and the motherboard typically doesn't let you force that all the way off for obvious reasons.  It'd be safest to test swapping out that fan and making sure no wires are touching fans or other parts (or rubbing).

Otherwise could be a drive maybe?  Tried unpowering any hard drives (anything not SSD or M.2 storage).

^

True, could be the precursor to bearing failure on a cheap fan

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

5 minutes ago, thegreengamers said:

That sounds like it's coil whine, which can happen on components even if you replace it with another one. Can you pinpoint the exact location the sound is coming from? Usually, when gaming the graphics card will be making coil whine, and there isn't much you can do about it.

Yes so it sounds like it’s coming from the CPU ram area. She. The buzzing starts I “turn off” the fans buy just holding them... i know it’s not the best way but I was desperate 

1 minute ago, hunnids said:

Yes so it sounds like it’s coming from the CPU ram area. She. The buzzing starts I “turn off” the fans buy just holding them... i know it’s not the best way but I was desperate 

Is the sound loud enough to be annoying?

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

Gaming PC:

1 minute ago, thegreengamers said:

Is the sound loud enough to be annoying?

Kinda when I don’t have headphones on I can hear it plain as day. But when I have headphone I’m good.

Just now, hunnids said:

Kinda when I don’t have headphones on I can hear it plain as day. But when I have headphone I’m good.

Have you turned vsync on in your games? Sometimes that will help reduce coil whine.

Daily Driver:

Gaming PC:

2 minutes ago, thegreengamers said:

Have you turned vsync on in your games? Sometimes that will help reduce coil whine.

I have not tried that. I do have a 144hz monitor I’ll have to give that a go. Thanks! Worse case I’ll just put the computer under my desk and always use headphone. Lol