Raspberry pi steam machine

Yeah but the processor is still a big bag of shit, fi people have a bitch fest about bottlenecks with a celoron then imagine this.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I was hoping it was some way of hooking up a 600 series card to a Pi xD I have a spare 670 just lying around in my room. 

Could be interesting though, maybe I'll try it once I'm finished with my current project. 

Streaming should work with bad latency

If the pi port of limelight has similar latency to the android port, it shouldn't be too bad at 720p, but 1080p is definitely not possible without terrible latency.

Build LogsPCX - A HTPC/Low End Gaming PC in a Playstation 1 Chasis (90-ish% done) | Yamaha PC-350 (Computer in a RD-350 engine) --> Coming Soon | Mediocre Terrors: Yet Another Prodigy Build Log

Well lets see if I can install Steam OS on my TI-84... Just because you can install it on a Raspberry pi doesn't mean its a good idea... 

here's an example of 720p:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KctGpv4lXw

I do thinkt it's crazy that it's possible for €25, might not be the best but it's so cheap...

Someone who tried it:

"In this video I use the keyboard and mouse directly connected to my PC, because by that time I couldn't figure out how to get sound and controls on the Pi to work. But later I tried again and via Ethernet there were no problems controlling the game from my Pi, even the mouse worked fine. Playing over wifi on the other hand is impossible for me, the connection is far too slow and nothing works. I tried it with a cheap little USB wifi dongle."

I was hoping it was some way of hooking up a 600 series card to a Pi xD I have a spare 670 just lying around in my room. 

Could be interesting though, maybe I'll try it once I'm finished with my current project. 

hey now i wouldnt mind taking that 670 off your hands now.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

The CPU barely has to do anything for H.264 decoding since the raspberry pi has hardware accelerated decoding. I've played 1080p video on mine just fine. It might be able to do 1080p streaming if the bit rate isn't that high.

I tried this with limelight from my main rig with an FX 8320 and gtx 760 to a laptop with an i5 and 320m over ethernet. The latency was terrible and it was unplayable at 720p 30hz. So I don't understand how this works on a pi which is far less powerful than my laptop.

Damn! AMD card dont work with this! 

AMD FX 8320@ Stock - Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0 - Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600Mhz - Corsair Carbide 200R - Powercolor Radeon HD 7950 PCS+OC@970Mhz core 1400Mhz memory - Corsair CS650W - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 
LG 22EA53VQ 21.5" - CM Storm Xornet - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Creative Inspire T3130 2.1

I tried this with limelight from my main rig with an FX 8320 and gtx 760 to a laptop with an i5 and 320m over ethernet. The latency was terrible and it was unplayable at 720p 30hz. So I don't understand how this works on a pi which is far less powerful than my laptop.

Performance has nothing to do with it really; as someone else said the Pi can decode a h.264 stream easily enough. The NIC might be a factor but that's about it. Can't speak for how well Limelight itself works cos I haven't tried it though.

Might try it on my surface pro 2 at some point.

Might try it at one point to see how it works.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Yeah but the processor is still a big bag of shit, fi people have a bitch fest about bottlenecks with a celoron then imagine this.

Did you not understand the point of streaming? As long as you have an h264 encoder you can stream any game from your PC.

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

Performance has nothing to do with it really; as someone else said the Pi can decode a h.264 stream easily enough. The NIC might be a factor but that's about it. Can't speak for how well Limelight itself works cos I haven't tried it though.

Might try it on my surface pro 2 at some point.

Compared to shield there's no comparison. Latency is bad on both wired and wireless

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

i don't think a pi has the power to play games even streaming

Aselwyn1

i don't think a pi has the power to play games even streaming

It does. It can play 1080p H.264 videos as long as the bit rate isn't too high. Worst case scenario it should be able to play 720p easily.