Shock mount and Neewer boom arm?

Oskisa

I got the Røde NT USB for my birthday a day ago and I was wondering if I could use a Røde shock mount with the Neewer boom arm?? 

You can.

Rode make a shock mount that is compatible, the Rode SMR, (which is determined by the diameter of the mic and mount) but is fairly expensive. You could probably find a suitable 3rd party shock mount which would be perfectly fine.

The only concern would be the weight capacity of the brewer arm, but you might be able to tighten it's joint to prevent droop.

Depending on the thread on the arm and the shock mount you may need a 3/8" to 5/8" adapter which can be found very cheaply from your favoured online retailer.

5 minutes ago, anothertom said:

You can.

Rode make a shock mount that is compatible, the Rode SMR, (which is determined by the diameter of the mic and mount) but is fairly expensive. You could probably find a suitable 3rd party shock mount which would be perfectly fine.

The only concern would be the weight capacity of the brewer arm, but you might be able to tighten it's joint to prevent droop.

Depending on the thread on the arm and the shock mount you may need a 3/8" to 5/8" adapter which can be found very cheaply from your favoured online retailer.

Does the PSM1 work? 

18 minutes ago, anothertom said:

You can.

Ok so I found a 3/8 5/8 adapter and a shock mount and the PSM1 could that maybe work

11 minutes ago, Oskisa said:

Does the PSM1 work? 

Possibly. The difficulty with the nt-usb is that the main body of the mic has controls up its full length. So you can't use a conventional shock mount with a solid band gripping the body.

A quick search shows people saying it both does and doesn't work. So it might, but personally I'd stick with the SMR, as rode list it as compatible.

Have you tried it with the basic mount it ships with? If you don't have any issues then you can save money on it. I believe it also ships with a 3/8 to 5/8 adapter in the box.