Asus RT-AC5300 Router Link Aggregation No Connection to Synology DS918+ NAS Ideas?

Hello all our there. My current setup is and has been working well between Verizon Fios (modem/router) connected to a +4 year old Netgear Router.

Side Note: Sprint Wireless, a Sprint Cellular Antenna Extender (buy cell phones to have phone service anywhere, cell service is poor in my area, so Sprint offers a device complete with GPS, ethernet, and other functions to have your cell phone virtually changed back to a landline... Maybe that is what the problem is, wouldn't surprise me.)

There are many NAS devices, wireless HD, TCP, 3 routers now, too many IP addresses & Computers to count. The main reason for my long quest for assistance, after my Netgear Router began to become intermittent with Wi-Fi drops, I purchased the Asus RT-AC5300 Router, (very fast and a great device.) The Synology does not gain a connection from the previous Verizon Fios modem, (if I device name is needed I will include it tomorrow morning.) to the new Asus router, provided using one of the 8 Ethernet ports, or Link Aggregation (2 ethernet ports = doubled speeds.) 

The Synology is a great device, working right now, taking up two valuable ethernet ports, quad core 1.8 GHz cpu, raid 10 I believe with 10TB total, maxed Ram, two Samsung M2 512GB EVO. The Asus router speaks for itself, granted I have only had it for a few months, and am currently working on it with Mac OSX, I may bring down my homebuilt PC from another floor to try Windows directly. 

I have tried many things, read countless forums, talked with tech support for too long, and yes it is true there is a seemingly obvious reason for the problem, the devices seem to be not compatible. I've heard of 3rd party firmware for the Asus being released to solve compatibility issues. My problem is that I know it can work for I have seen 1, only 1 instance of it working, but it is working. 

Will it take simply to back up the synology and resetting it to factory, and the same for the Asus, hoping that they will find each other on first launch? This i haven't done simply because I have multiple storage, connected and not, other work stations. This wouldn't be impossible to do, however it would be time consuming. I honestly would, at that point consider returning the Asus and purchasing a Synology Router, or just to know some good ideas, I'd love suggestions if this is something you can do, if this problem alludes you as much as it does me. 

The Synology has two ethernet cables, two IP addresses, and the Asus has link aggregation built in to combine two different ports to give one device 2,000 mb/s, the one thing of note is the IP addresses could be different from the Asus to the Synology, which would solve the problem theoretically. I have stopped at this point and am seeking outside help. My father knows about all of this much more than I. Any suggestions, ideas, fixes, or if you have a question, concern, gut feeling, or just want to put your 2 cents in, please do. 

I will have my father read this over and add, create a small list of solutions tried, and anything left out I haven't been informed of yet. Thank you so much for your time in reading this, it would truly bring a happy smile to my father's face if one of you, or many could assist me with my problem. 

Thank you! 

Bobby

My first question to you is, how many clients do you have using the Synology NAS at any given time? Link Aggregation doesn't do what you're leading me to believe what you think it does.

Depending on your answer you can abandon the whole Link Aggregation project because you won't gain anything which should in turn fix the problem you're experiencing.