DELL laptop graphics locked on 60fps

SN1CKER1337

Hey guys, so I bought a DELL Inspiron 15-5577 laptop. It has Core i5 7300HQ, 16GB DDR4 2400MHz ram (bought it with 8gb and upgraded with another 8gb), 1TB HDD and I upgraded with 500GB Samsung M.2 NVME SSD, and finally it has a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050  4GB. When I bought it a year ago I used it just for school purposes and I was gaming on my desktop with much worst graphic card. Few mounts ago I fired up CS:GO for the first time and my fps was 60, so I immediately turn off VSync but nothing changed. So I looked over the net, but I couldn't find exact answers. I turned off XBOX Game DVR, I adjust the battery settings all on best performance, made my GTX 1050 graphic card as default on all programs, turned off VSync from NVIDIA control panel, but nothing worked and it is still capped on 60 fps. I watch all your videos you upload and then I saw those adjustments you made in both of the videos about the minning graphic cards. And I remembered that all my data that the NVIDIA graphic card had processed is going through the Intel's integrated graphic card. Could that be the issue?

So what should I do to disable my fps lock?

PS: While I was searching I found out that others with DELL laptops and some with ACER and ASSUS had the same issues. Maybe it is some software that they put which is not allowing the graphic card to release its full potential (like in the alienware's pc from the "$1500 Gaming PC Secret Shopper" video?).

Thank you guys in advance.

2 minutes ago, bindydad123 said:

How are you determining the FPS?  

There is a console command that give you information about the fps, lag and other net related stuff. And from the steam's option to show fps on every game.

s2.png

s1.png

other than CSGO, can you check other games as well?

Ryzen 5 1600 | Gigabyte GA-AB350M-Gaming 3 | Team Elite TForce Delta RGB 2x8 16GB 3200mhz | Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB AORUS | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | 2 1TB WD Blue | Wester Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB | SeaSonic M12II 520W 80+ Bronze | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Led Turbo | ASUS VG248QE | Rakk Kimat XT | Logitech G502 HERO | Massdrop x AKG M220 Pro | V8 Soundcard | BM800 Condenser Mic | Logitech C310

29 minutes ago, Code.016 said:

other than CSGO, can you check other games as well?

These are the other games that I have installed. I will install variety of games now and I will post screenshots of them too. (Warframe, Mortal Kombat, Injustice, Metro 2033 Redux, Metro 2034 Redux..)

s3.png

s4.png

s5.png

did you already installed an updated driver for your GPU? try to reinstall it and look again on the nvidia control panel. some users of that monitor experience the same issue and what they only done was to turn off the vsync in nvdia control panel.

Ryzen 5 1600 | Gigabyte GA-AB350M-Gaming 3 | Team Elite TForce Delta RGB 2x8 16GB 3200mhz | Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB AORUS | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | 2 1TB WD Blue | Wester Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB | SeaSonic M12II 520W 80+ Bronze | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Led Turbo | ASUS VG248QE | Rakk Kimat XT | Logitech G502 HERO | Massdrop x AKG M220 Pro | V8 Soundcard | BM800 Condenser Mic | Logitech C310

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:35 AM, Code.016 said:

did you already installed an updated driver for your GPU? try to reinstall it and look again on the nvidia control panel. some users of that monitor experience the same issue and what they only done was to turn off the vsync in nvdia control panel.

Yes I have

s6.PNG

s7.PNG

try the resolution tab under the nvidia control panel. there is an option to change your refresh rate or create a custom resolution. 

Under Display, select Change Resolution. Select the highest resolution that you have and then click "Customize.." button. try to play around the refresh rate only and see if it will works. Usually, 74 or 75 works on most of monitors. Be sure also to use DVI-D for optimal result.