Yamaha?????

hamaya

So I’ve seen a lot of Linus Tech Tips videos - but I’ve never seen a video featuring a Yamaha device. Considering Yamaha makes a MASSIVE amount of products, you’d think at least one would slide in.

And they’re in some advanced markets, too. Take the MusicCast, which functions a lot like Amazon’s Echo. Plus, it can communicate with a lot of their A/V receivers and speakers. 

I’d really like to see what approach LTT would take to Yamaha’s audio stuff. 

Thoughts???

(not a Yamaha employee btw. I just love em a lot)

I mean Yamaha makes a lot of good and a lot of crap. They make a few decent studio monitors, their receivers are pretty decent, their headphones suck, and they are basically the industry leader in soundboards and mixers.

I can't wait for them to review a cello

/s

Thing is, Yamaha doesnt have many products that would really appeal to a mainstream audience that LTT has

Sure they could do a soundboard from them, but I'm also sure it would divide the views in half

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Yamaha are my go to for hone cinema audio! 

I have a Yamaha AV receiver and Yamaha speakers, cant fault any of their devices I've had over the years.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

19 hours ago, hamaya said:

So I’ve seen a lot of Linus Tech Tips videos - but I’ve never seen a video featuring a Yamaha device. Considering Yamaha makes a MASSIVE amount of products, you’d think at least one would slide in.

And they’re in some advanced markets, too. Take the MusicCast, which functions a lot like Amazon’s Echo. Plus, it can communicate with a lot of their A/V receivers and speakers. 

I’d really like to see what approach LTT would take to Yamaha’s audio stuff. 

Thoughts???

(not a Yamaha employee btw. I just love em a lot)

Yamaha make some good stuff. used to use a 5.1 yamaha receiver before i moved to lots of channels (18.2 as of right now for my home theater) and it sounded fine. unfortunatley linus tech tips isnt really an audio channel, i know they did that video on $300 speakers but that was kind of a one off :/

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)