Should I get a amp for my headphones?

Doctor Ash

Hey guys looking for some advice.

I have Audio-Technica ATH-M50X and was wondering if the Sennheiser GSX 1200 PRO Gaming Audio Amplifier would make the headphones sound better and give them surround sound for gaming?

Any advice would be great :) cheers Ash

I have a Asus Z97-P ATX Motherboard so not that great will probably get one. Just want to improve my general sound quality plus looking for better audio for csgo 

https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/Z97P/

You won't notice any great difference.

And I wouldn't buy the GSX1000/1200. The integrated amp is very bad, it doesn't have enough power for any better headphones.

I would try the Sound BlasterX G5/G6, if you need something new and need the options like Surround-Simulation and more power. 

CS:GO already has a very good Surround-Sound, just stick with that. 

Try to fiddle around with sound-settings in-game, change the settings to headphones. It will sound good enough. 

9 hours ago, Doctor Ash said:

Hey guys looking for some advice.

I have Audio-Technica ATH-M50X and was wondering if the Sennheiser GSX 1200 PRO Gaming Audio Amplifier would make the headphones sound better and give them surround sound for gaming?

Any advice would be great :) cheers Ash

Fx-audio dac x6 cheap simple and will give you headphones the boost your lookin for.  you do not need an amplifier to do the surround sound just download a software based option if you really want it.  

16 hours ago, Tz000 said:

Fx-audio dac x6 cheap simple and will give you headphones the boost your lookin for.  you do not need an amplifier to do the surround sound just download a software based option if you really want it.  

If you use the FX-Audio, you need a virtual cable like Voiceemeter. You can just simulate surround via Hesuvi and Equalizer APO if you have a soundcard that outputs 7.1.