A way to swap headphone left right?

Zucchini

This week I was blessed by getting my first pair of proper headphones. Monolith M560's, I'm still in the process of burning them in but I'm already loving them. The one problem I have them is that the pads are at the size at which they are too big to be on airs and are too small to be over ears, making them ridiculously uncomfortable for long periods of time. However this morning I put them on and had them on my head for half an hour and completely forgot about them! So excited that i'd found a way to wear them comfortably I inspected what i had done. So it turns out I was wearing them the wrong way round (left side on right ear ect.). As it turns out when they are the wrong way round the cups and fold to a position that better fits your ear. This would be fine as when listening to music there is no great need to know that one side is left and one is right. But the problem arises when I try to play games with them, as I do like knowing that a noise coming from my left is actually coming from my left. Because I don't yet have a DAC I was wondering if there is a way in windows to swap the headphone left-right... I apologise for not having a DAC, I don't have enough money for both sexy headphones and DAC ATM.

18 minutes ago, Zucchini said:

This week I was blessed by getting my first pair of proper headphones. Monolith M560's, I'm still in the process of burning them in but I'm already loving them. The one problem I have them is that the pads are at the size at which they are too big to be on airs and are too small to be over ears, making them ridiculously uncomfortable for long periods of time. However this morning I put them on and had them on my head for half an hour and completely forgot about them! So excited that i'd found a way to wear them comfortably I inspected what i had done. So it turns out I was wearing them the wrong way round (left side on right ear ect.). As it turns out when they are the wrong way round the cups and fold to a position that better fits your ear. This would be fine as when listening to music there is no great need to know that one side is left and one is right. But the problem arises when I try to play games with them, as I do like knowing that a noise coming from my left is actually coming from my left. Because I don't yet have a DAC I was wondering if there is a way in windows to swap the headphone left-right... I apologise for not having a DAC, I don't have enough money for both sexy headphones and DAC ATM.

If the device you have them plugged into supports swapping audio channels, that's what I would look into first. Otherwise, you can use a male 3.5mm to female RCA adapter connected to a male RCA to female 3.5mm adapter, but swap the red and white connectors to flip the left and right channels.

https://www.amazon.com/RiteAV-Stereo-Female-Adapter-Y-Cable/dp/B0018MI5F6/

https://www.amazon.com/Single-Stereo-Adapter-Y-Cable-Connector/dp/B0711DY18S/

31BPWL09MIL.jpg41fUZLmAXXL.jpg

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

@kirashi

We own thousands of 3.5mm to RCA but non of RCA to 3.5 lol. I was hoping there was a way to do it software. 

20 hours ago, Zucchini said:

@kirashi

We own thousands of 3.5mm to RCA but non of RCA to 3.5 lol. I was hoping there was a way to do it software. 

Gotcha - there is a way to do it in software, but it's up to your device / audio drivers / software program to do it.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

20 hours ago, Zucchini said:

@kirashi

https://www.amazon.ca/CableWholesale-Stereo-Coupler-Female-30St-STFF/dp/B000I963FE

Alternatively, software solution: https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/handy-software-for-reverse-stereo-in-windows.226167/