Poor performance and crash.

Daannnyy

Hey guys, 

God, where do I start.. I've had my new PC build for about 3 weeks everything was going fine and dandy, untill tonight that is.. 

Want to give a bit of back story to this situation so you can properly understand what happened.

I was playing Apex legends with a mate and everything was FINE. Untill I decided to  download Logitech gaming software for my mouse because I wanted to change my dpi, that's when everything went to sh*t I finished installing and then was prompted to restart so I did. After I had changed my dpi and launched Apex legends again I noticed a terrible frame drop, like unplayable, below 10 fps spiking up and down. I have a high end build so this wasn't normal at all.

I got out the game and checked my task manager, I noticed my cpu spiking from 5% all the way up to 70% while idling/browsing chrome. (This might be normal I'm not sure) the temperature was normal throughout the whole situation.. That was freakin me out a lot.

After running various scans and rapid google searches nothing was working, my PC seemed to be getting worse, Google chrome was lagging opening any program or folder was slow as hell, and then, she crashed and wouldn't boot windows, untill finally the recovery mode kicked in and I was able to do a fresh installation, I'm now back up and running smoothly again. My opinion on this is the nvme SSD is potentially faulty BUT if it really was would it be working fine like it is right now? Probably not.

The moral of the story is why the hell did this happen and do you think it could happen again? Surely Logitech didn't cause this...

2:00AM for me in Australia apologies for losing my mind. Nevertheless any and all opinions would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys! 

Build:

i7 9700k

MSI Duke 2080 OC 

Corsair vengeance 2x8 3200 (rbg boi)

Asus rog strix gaming e 

Adata 1024mb nvme SSD 

Wd black 4tb HDD 

TL;DR 

New PC build started lagging and performing terribly slow, finally crashed and wouldn't boot. until recovery mode kicked in and I did a fresh install. WHY GOD WHY?!

Just now, BB TECH said:

is your black hard drive new, is the nvme new?

Yeah my whole build is new. My OS is running on the nvme SSD.

I have seen stuff like that happen if say your 4TB Black is failing it will drag windows down into a crawl, and if your Black Hard drive was present when you installed windows your MBR might be on the 4TB, hence if that is going bad, that could put you into recovery mode since it cannot boot windows.

a good tool to use to check it is Hard Disk Sentinel https://www.harddisksentinel.com/hdsentinel_pro_setup.zip if its anything then 100% it is possible. Or you could try unhooking the drive and see how your computer behaves, if your pc does not boot then thats 1, if it does and it works fine, thats 2

You could always try a system restore back before you installed the software for logitech