Looking for ideal streaming laptop

Jeeps85

Hey guys,

I moved in with my now fiancee about 6 months ago, and due to the size of the apartment, my desktop setup had to stay behind. I still brought my desktop pc with me and connected to our TV,  and while I didn't really game on that setup(Not ideal at all!), I really fell in love with having a computer to stream shows on, despite already having a PS4, Chromecast and Smart TV. I just love the flexibility of a pc over all those devices.

We have just moved into a bigger place, and I can finally have my desktop/gaming setup again. But would you believe it, now I need to fill in that hole where my desktop used to be. I do have an old gaming laptop, but it's loud and gets hot so quickly. It'll do the work for now, but it's definitely not a permanent situation.

So to the question : What would you guys recommend in terms of laptop that would primarily be connected to my TV, acting as a streaming device. No amount of gaming(at least not demanding gaming) would be done on this device. Two attributes I'm looking for : Small/light(13-15in), Stays quiet/cool even under 4k streaming. Or, would some sort of compact/mini desktop be a better solution ? Obviously, price is a matter here.

Thank you!

I'd get a cheap HTPC (home theatre PC), no need to have a laptop. Or get a smart TV ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

cheap ITX 2200G build using a small SFX or smaller PSU? (perhaps one of those longer formfactors)

14 hours ago, Jeeps85 said:

Two attributes I'm looking for : Small/light(13-15in), Stays quiet/cool even under 4k streaming.

Only get laptop if you really need that portability

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128