360 sleeper PC

bigmouthbob1

So I decided that I wanted to build a PC inside an old 360 slim case I was wondering if this build would work inside of it.

I believe Timmy Joe did something similar. Have you seen any builds of this nature yet? It would help you get a good idea of space.

Also, you gotta ditch the hard drive for an m.2.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

10 minutes ago, bigmouthbob1 said:

So I decided that I wanted to build a PC inside an old 360 slim case I was wondering if this build would work inside of it.

I have made a few changes that you might want to take a look onto.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 1200 3.1 GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($74.89 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Patriot - Viper 4 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($55.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Inland - 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($49.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: ASRock - Radeon RX 560 - 896 4 GB Phantom Gaming Video Card  ($103.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($39.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $414.83
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-06 12:51 EST-0500

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

That PSU isn't going to come even close to fitting, you'll probably need something similar to what LTT used in the original Xbox sleeper, the HDPLEX PSU with an external power brick. You'll probably need an ITX motherboard. It may not work at all since I think the 360 slim is too thin for any non custom heatsink to fit in the first place. Looking again it might fit, but it's not going to be all that cool.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

1 hour ago, BobVonBob said:

That PSU isn't going to come even close to fitting, you'll probably need something similar to what LTT used in the original Xbox sleeper, the HDPLEX PSU with an external power brick. You'll probably need an ITX motherboard. It may not work at all since I think the 360 slim is too thin for any non custom heatsink to fit in the first place. Looking again it might fit, but it's not going to be all that cool.

Would you know where i could get one of these?