Horrible paint job on GD06B

OfTheThorn
Go to solution Solved by mgrandy,

wont damage a thing :D 

£2.99 for one more can of black matt for inside should tidy this up mind remove as much as you can first or just leave as is ur choice

Hi there,

Recently bought a new Silverstone GD06B from Amazon. However, the case seems rather poorly build. There's black paint all over the supposedly grey areas and it feels rather rough, not smooth at all. Can this damage hardware, or is it just ugly looking? I've bought cases before but never received anything like this... I'd rather not send back the case.

Thanks,

Thorn

IMG_20190206_104947.jpg

IMG_20190206_104935.jpg

IMG_20190206_105451.jpg

IMG_20190206_104958.jpg

wont damage a thing :D 

£2.99 for one more can of black matt for inside should tidy this up mind remove as much as you can first or just leave as is ur choice

23 hours ago, Pyramiden said:

That looks like trash... Personally I would contact them... This is a fairly expensive case...

I agree, fortunately the exterior looks normal. However, for a €100+ case I'd expect something more than this.

Totally normal for that case.  It's the inside and they don't expect anyone to see the inside once it's built.

30 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Totally normal for that case.  It's the inside and they don't expect anyone to see the inside once it's built.

That doesn't seems normal at all, I mean I've bought DIRT cheap cases and none of them looked like close to that.... not even a B stock case, more like an F stock... 

And for over $100 I'd expect the case to be AT LEAST decently finished, If I were the OP I'd not only ask for a replacement with 100% FREE shipping costs but also post this on websites to warn other potential buyers to avoid this brand.

Being conformist with stuff like this will only allow them the manufacturer to keep doing it, yes is the interior, so what? I've seen $15 cases that were better quality so this is just plain ridiculous and mocking in customers face IMO.

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

57 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

That doesn't seems normal at all, I mean I've bought DIRT cheap cases and none of them looked like close to that.... not even a B stock case, more like an F stock... 

And for over $100 I'd expect the case to be AT LEAST decently finished, If I were the OP I'd not only ask for a replacement with 100% FREE shipping costs but also post this on websites to warn other potential buyers to avoid this brand.

Being conformist with stuff like this will only allow them the manufacturer to keep doing it, yes is the interior, so what? I've seen $15 cases that were better quality so this is just plain ridiculous and mocking in customers face IMO.

Reasonable argument there. I'm not sure if the brand itself is bad. Heard rather good things about some of their cases. Maybe it's this specific model?
I do agree, however, that this is not acceptable. I will mail them. In comparison to (see spoiler) my case looks really messy. 

Spoiler

gesv-220_gesv_220_4g_800x800.jpg

1 hour ago, aezakmi said:

And for over $100 I'd expect the case to be AT LEAST decently finished, If I were the OP I'd not only ask for a replacement with 100% FREE shipping costs...

So he can get another one just like it?

Just saying.... This is the inside of the case.  They don't mask off the vents, holes, etc. so paint doesn't get on the inside because the case isn't made for the user to see the inside.  I've bought cheap cases that looked better than this too.  But they tend to not have windows.  When they have windows, which so many cases do these days, they don't pay much attention to the surface areas that are going to be covered up by a motherboard, fan, etc.

The GD06B is assembled a bit different than most cases.  Most cases you have painted panels riveted onto non-painted or painted parts, so you don't have a problem with overspray.  Also, most cases have riveted on stand offs and not standoffs created by punching through the metal, giving paint another way to enter to the other side of the panel.

Yes.  I know the case is expensive.  Yes.  I know it looks like shit right now.  When it's built it will look fine.

Rosewill doesn't even pull this crap on their cheap-o-depot cases.

This right here tells me not to purchase a case from them.  Looks like a severe case of cutting corners to save a dime which is NOT reflected in the selling price or MSRP.  Which allows ME as a consumer to note that if they can cut this OBVIOUS of a corner and not give a damn - what other corners were cut, from sourced materials to the final build? 

I have $100 plus cases with no side window.  Clean corners, smooth edges, rubber grommets, fully painted...not sure why there is any sense of defending this from Silverstone.

Again, Rosewill $20 shipped to your door cases arrive in better shape than this.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

15 hours ago, Tristerin said:

Rosewill doesn't even pull this crap on their cheap-o-depot cases.

This right here tells me not to purchase a case from them.  Looks like a severe case of cutting corners to save a dime which is NOT reflected in the selling price or MSRP.  Which allows ME as a consumer to note that if they can cut this OBVIOUS of a corner and not give a damn - what other corners were cut, from sourced materials to the final build? 

I have $100 plus cases with no side window.  Clean corners, smooth edges, rubber grommets, fully painted...not sure why there is any sense of defending this from Silverstone.

Again, Rosewill $20 shipped to your door cases arrive in better shape than this.

I agree, I bought a cheap Rosewill case for my NAS build. It was very cheap feeling, and a lot of sharp areas inside. But the paint was on the outside only. Silverstone suppose to have good rep for their products. Is there a chance this was a manufacturing mistake that got by QC ?