A simple to use drag and drop streamer?

Raep Soup

I'm wondering if there exists any piece of streaming hardware that allows me to create a folder on my home PC, drag downloaded video files into that folder, and then have those video files available for play whenever on my TV by use of a remote. I'm looking for something easy to use (drag and drop), so that I can set it up for my grandparents in such a way that they can use it hassle free while I'm away at University.

Much appreciated, thanks.

Plex is really good however it can be a pain to first set up if you aren't sure what you're doing. You also have to have either a smart TV or an Android device connected.

I managed something similar by turning the PC into a media server via the windows software and I was able to access those files on a different PC, but I don't think it's supported on WIN8

I'm wondering if there exists any piece of streaming hardware that allows me to create a folder on my home PC, drag downloaded video files into that folder, and then have those video files available for play whenever on my TV by use of a remote. I'm looking for something easy to use (drag and drop), so that I can set it up for my grandparents in such a way that they can use it hassle free while I'm away at University.

Much appreciated, thanks.

how will u play it on u tv ?

do u have a smart TV ?

does ur TV support DLNA ?

and when u say stream

you mean on the same network or on another network ?

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Thanks for the suggestion, Sammyboy, but they don't own any Android devices, nor do they own a smart TV.

I suppose for a few more details: it doesn't have to be 1080p streaming, as long as the quality is watchable and is stutter/lag free. They own a good router. Using Windows 7.

In regards to Qwert, no, I don't think their TV supports DLNA (not entirely sure). On the same network or another network, it doesn't really matter.

Plex is really good however it can be a pain to first set up if you aren't sure what you're doing. You also have to have either a smart TV or an Android device connected.

This. I love Plex myself.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

If they know how to navigate using Windows (to the TV), then you can just use Windows share. If not, maybe a device like WDTV Plus that can see Windows Shared folders?

In fact, you could use a remote connecting service to help them add media to it remotely as well. As long as both of you are online at the same time.