Climate for LTX :)

Failquail

Yay, flights booked, air bnb booked, me and two friends are travelling from the UK :D

Though that obviously cannot be confirmed, what is the approximate climate expected for vancouver that time of year? (from the baseline UK level)

Thinking of ordering a few suitably geeky items in, but a vague estimate would be handy for tshirts vs jumpers/hoodies :P

33 minutes ago, Failquail said:

Though that obviously cannot be confirmed, what is the approximate climate expected for vancouver that time of year? (from the baseline UK level)

It was insanely cold last week all over Canada. I don't live in Vancouver atm, but weather is a little bit above 0°C and will continue to rise as spring approaches.

I wouldn't bother with t-shirts. I recommend bringing some hoodies and light jackets.

Disregard this comment.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

12 minutes ago, Geography said:

It was insanely cold last week all over Canada. I don't live in Vancouver atm, but weather is a little bit above 0°C and will continue to rise as spring approaches.

I wouldn't bother with t-shirts. I recommend bringing some hoodies and light jackets. 

That is indeed helpfull :D

I shall pack for everything :)

26 minutes ago, Failquail said:

Yay, flights booked, air bnb booked, me and two friends are travelling from the UK :D

Thinking of ordering a few suitably geeky items in, but a vague estimate would be handy for tshirts vs jumpers/hoodies :P

It's late July. T-Shirts 100%. It's gonna be hot as fuck probably. I'd guess low 30's (Celsius of course), maybe mid-high 20's.

Expect a small chance of rain - but it will likely be somewhat clear skies.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

24 minutes ago, Geography said:

You recommend hoodies, and light jackets, for July 27th? What the... It easily gets into the 30's in Toronto during that time of the year.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

You recommend hoodies, and light jackets, for July 27th? What the... It easily gets into the 30's in Toronto during that time of the year.

Oops. I thought the OP was asking for the current weather. :D

For the OP: Bring t-shirts and shorts, but have a hoodie/jacket or two because it's pretty rainy in Vancouver (aka Raincouver), even during summer.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

1 hour ago, Geography said:

Oops. I thought the OP was asking for the current weather. :D

For the OP: Bring t-shirts and shorts, but have a hoodie/jacket or two because it's pretty rainy in Vancouver (aka Raincouver), even during summer.

Agreed - you want weather in case it rains (Last year it only rained 4 days out of June, so not a huge risk).

You also want something "lightly" warm, since the nights can sometimes get a bit cool - especially if it rained recently.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_of_Vancouver

Wikipedia says the average high temperature in the summer is around low 20s and has an average precipitation in the upper 40s mm. This is surprisingly (to me anyway) similar to London, according to them anyway.

On 2/5/2019 at 3:17 PM, Mira Yurizaki said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_of_Vancouver

Wikipedia says the average high temperature in the summer is around low 20s and has an average precipitation in the upper 40s mm. This is surprisingly (to me anyway) similar to London, according to them anyway.

That sounds about right. Unless we get an early hot summer I'd expect low to mid 20s on the sunny days. The convention centre is right next to the water so you can get a bit of a sea breeze cooling things down a little. If we get an early hot summer or heatwave temperatures would likely be in the low to mid 30s. Rainy days typically dip in to the high teens. All in Celsius of course. 

On 2/5/2019 at 4:28 PM, Failquail said:

Last year around that time it was between 70 and mid 80's (Fahrenheit), not sure about how humid.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

On 2/5/2019 at 1:28 PM, Failquail said:

Compared to London, Vancouver's winters are bit colder, summers are a bit hotter, and we get more rain and less overall sun throughout the year.  In other words, pack for a summer in London and you will fit right in.

ETA: looks like my previous numbers for total hours of sunshine was wrong.  Vancouver gets a bit more than London.

• 2 weeks later...

How's the humidity in Vancouver? I'm used to 27~32 (Celsius) with around 80~100% humidity in summer so I wonder if it will be hotter or cooler?

59 minutes ago, Bonzay0 said:

How's the humidity in Vancouver? I'm used to 27~32 (Celsius) with around 80~100% humidity in summer so I wonder if it will be hotter or cooler?

Probably slightly cooler, and slightly less humid.  Around 25C to 30C, 60% to 70% humidity. 

On 2/5/2019 at 9:28 PM, Failquail said:

Where are you flying from? I'm driving down from Scotland and heading out on the 21st from Manchester.

For july tshirts SHOULD be just fine, usually gets around 25+ Celcius in the heat of summer

I am from Seattle Washington in the United States which is about 150 miles south of Vancouver. I will be driving up for LTX and I have been to Vancouver Multiple times because it is such a great city and relatively close to home. In late July it will be hot (85-90F) and it won't rain that much if at all while you are in Vancouver. I would definitely only pack one or two sweatshirts and I highly doubt you will need them. It's usually not humid so it won't be sticky but it definitely will be hot. If you have any more questions about Vancouver feel free to respond and I will do my best to answer them. Enjoy your travel to our little part of the world and I hope to visit the UK one day!

Thanks,

Patrick

If you out-of-towners want, I can show you where you can find some super cheap eats for the days you're here.

On 3/2/2019 at 6:38 PM, Gaminggappy said:

If you out-of-towners want, I can show you where you can find some super cheap eats for the days you're here.

Bon's Off Broadway ftw ?

Just don't use the bathroom. At any cost.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red