Gaming Keypad with Proper Analog Stick

The Snuggler

Hello everyone.

I decided to try a Nostromo and am very disappointed with the analog stick. Beyond its slippery plastic, its basically a d pad with a plastic shell on top. As such, im hesitant to try the orbweaver.

Is there a keypad that has a proper analog stick similar to a console controller?

Thanks for your help.

14 minutes ago, The Snuggler said:

Hello everyone.

I decided to try a Nostromo and am very disappointed with the analog stick. Beyond its slippery plastic, its basically a d pad with a plastic shell on top. As such, im hesitant to try the orbweaver.

Is there a keypad that has a proper analog stick similar to a console controller?

Thanks for your help.

I know Logitech used to sell a gaming pad with a d stick a long time ago. It even had a screen to match the G series keyboards. 

Given Logitech's refresh with new products I'm not sure if they still sell them or not.

Could be something to look into

Thanks!

Chris R.

28 minutes ago, Chris_R. said:

I know Logitech used to sell a gaming pad with a d stick a long time ago. It even had a screen to match the G series keyboards. 

Given Logitech's refresh with new products I'm not sure if they still sell them or not.

Could be something to look into

The G13? I was looking at that, and it does seem to have a better analog stick than the Nostromo, but I want to be sure before I make another purchase.

34 minutes ago, The Snuggler said:

The G13? I was looking at that, and it does seem to have a better analog stick than the Nostromo, but I want to be sure before I make another purchase.

Yes, I can't attest to the d pad, but I still am using my G500 from 8+ years ago...they were built to last. Might check some YouTube reviews or somewhere you can see the d pad in action.

Thanks!

Chris R.

9 hours ago, The Snuggler said:

Logitech doesnt sell or support the g13 anymore, so you can pretty much only get it used, unless youre willing to pay $300 for a new one

17 hours ago, wantcpuhelp said:

Logitech doesnt sell or support the g13 anymore, so you can pretty much only get it used, unless youre willing to pay $300 for a new one

Yeah I see that. The G13 looks to be more promising than a Nostromo, but still uncertain. Most YouTube videos dont fully or at all discuss the analog stick on these keypads. Its mostly viewed as an unimportant addon. Ill keep doing more reseach into others.

• 3 weeks later...

The Orbweaver and Tartarus use digital thumb pads, even if they look analog. They're still pricey but you may be interested in the following analog stick equipped keypads:

The Azeron Gaming Keypads
, sold on Etsy, are interesting 3D-printed devices that act as XBox controller and/or keyboard. It looks like they are sold-out at the moment but they will likely be available again soon.

The Tactical Assault Commander Pro (not the Grip) controllers by HORI are all PS controllers so more work may be needed to connect to PC, and they come with a mouse you likely don't want to use.

• 2 months later...
On 2/6/2019 at 1:31 PM, The Snuggler said:

Yeah I see that. The G13 looks to be more promising than a Nostromo, but still uncertain. Most YouTube videos dont fully or at all discuss the analog stick on these keypads. Its mostly viewed as an unimportant addon. Ill keep doing more reseach into others.

On 2/6/2019 at 1:31 PM, The Snuggler said:

The G13 does have a fully analog thumbstick, just like a regular controller. That being said, the original thumbstick's small size makes it annoying to use, but you can open up the keypad and swap out the thumbstick for a more comfortable one from a different controller without  too much hassle - the only annoying thing about the process is sanding the thumbstick socket to give it the full range of motion needed for the new thumbstick. 

I should also point out that the orientation of the thumbstick is a bit awkward and will take awhile to get used to if you want to use it for movement. Also, if the game you want to use it in doesn't already support separate joysticks (Skyrim, for example), you'll also need to use a program like XPadder to get the analog functionality.

Keep in mind, I do like my G13, that's  *why* I'm able to pick out all of these points and tell them to people that ask