Is 14 inches enough for a college notebook?

Bloomer

I just got a desktop rig so I'm looking to switch my Inspiron 7567 for a lighter notebook, and I found a great deal on a 14 incher.

I'll mostly use it for college and work presentations (I work as a full stack web dev finishing my CS course). But the bulk of my work is and will continue to be done in desktop PC's.

The thing is, I'm worried 14 inches will still not be big enough even for the light work I'll be doing in it...

What are your experiences? Any info is welcome

Cheers ^-^

I'm 5 years deep in IT engineering and I use a 12.5" thinkpad x220. You'll be fine.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

If you're using desktop computers mostly, then even 19 inches will be not enough. But if you're used to notebooks - it will be not so big difference. You can compare it to switch smartphone from 6 to 5.5.

15 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

19 inches will be not enough.

That's what she said

To be honest, as someone who uses 3 large monitors with my desktop, I don't see it as much of an issue - of course it would be nice to have a larger screen on my laptop, but I find portability to be more important.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Since you will most likely be walking around, carrying this thing on your bag throughout your collegiate career, a 14inch notebook is enough. Your back will thank you. I had a 14inch full thickness laptop when I was in college and I wish I had a lightweight notebook instead.

I just realized I missed a very important point in the original post. It's a 1366x768 monitor... The notebook is still overpowered for the use I'll give it though

9 minutes ago, Bloomer said:

It's a 1366x768 monitor...

Same as mine:

image.png.ed34e5944ba196c4d0f9755b3fe8e97b.png

as you can see it's workable. As a programmer it's good practice to avoid going over the 80th column anyway, that's about the screen's halfway point at this resolution.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

13 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Same as mine:

image.png.ed34e5944ba196c4d0f9755b3fe8e97b.png

as you can see it's workable. As a programmer it's good practice to avoid going over the 80th column anyway, that's about the screen's halfway point at this resolution.

that's awesome! thank you!