Plex Libraries

Go to solution Solved by Alef,

Try creating a symbolic link in a folder you know you have read write permissions with Plex, and point it to the mount point of the raid 1 drive 

Type "groups" to get the groups your a member of

type "ls -l | grep filename" in the folder containing the file your trying to open. copy the line with the filename your trying to open and post it here. Note grep just filters results you  can forgo it if your having issues.

Earlier you changed group to Alex, it should be Plex. Normally accounts are in a group as the same name as the account. Alex Alex or Plex Plex

So you need to fix the permissions of your photos folder. As stated, test it temporarily by chmod -R 777 /media/alex/Raid1/Photos

If this works, then we know it's permissions and you need to change the group on the folder to Plex (not Alex as your earlier post did), and remove everyone's full control.

I also tried running sudo chmod 644 /media/alex and sudo chgrp -R alex /media/alex/Raid1/Photos and chgrp -R alex /media

You may want to restart your plex service just to make sure.

14 hours ago, Mikensan said:

chmod -R 777 /media/alex/Raid1/Photos

This command got me back into the Raid1 drive so I am good to go there again and back to figuring out how to get plex to recognize files on the drive

@AlefI ran the command ln -s /media/alex/Raid1/Photos/Alex Photos /home/alex but nothing happened, I got some link documents in my home folder but they say that they are broken links. Does this command look ok?