Computer not working as it should.

HarKatt
Go to solution Solved by HarKatt,
On 2/16/2019 at 10:25 AM, mxk. said:

Shitttt.

You might want to try a fresh install of windows, and updating your BIOS. I would have thought DDU would have solved the issue but when I see that this was happening with the BIOS, maybe windows and the boot was having issues.

I tried updating the BIOS with gigabytes app center with no luck. Although I had some issues installing app center so I'm not sure if it updated at all or to a newer version.

NOT SOLVED

So, ever since I upgraded my pc from integrated graphics (Ryzen 5 2400g) to a 1070 Ti, I have been having this issue where when I start the pc it displays the gigabyte logo and then the screen goes black and from there i hit the quick restart button on the computer case and then it boots normally. I have also found that when I hit the start button on the pc I can quickly turn off my 4k monitor and then wait for it to boot (on my other 2 screens (one 1080p or 1440p, an old 4:3 and the 4k monitor)) and then turn on my 4k monitor. I have tried to update my drivers with no luck and when I googled the issue I couldn't find anything helpfull so I thought I'd try posting something here. And also, all screens are plugged in to the graphics card. PS: This is my first time posting here.

Specs:

4k monitor is from a company called swedx (plugged in via DisplayPort)

Samsung SyncMaster 2343

Random dell 4:3 screen

Cerbrus 1070 Ti

Ryzen 2400g

Kingston SA1000 256 GB ssd

Seagate or WD 3TB hard drive

2 minutes ago, HarKatt said:

Specs

What happens if you just leave the single 4k monitor plugged in? Does your system  behave?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Did you bother to use DDU (display driver uninstaller)? When you transfer over from a different brand of graphics things can get weird. It's good to only have one set of drivers for the GPU on the PC.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

On 2/4/2019 at 3:54 PM, Radium_Angel said:

What happens if you just leave the single 4k monitor plugged in? Does your system  behave?

I haven't had any unexpected issues with the computer and I haven't tried to only have the 4k monitor plugged in when starting the computer. I will try it when I have the chance as i'm away rn. Thanks for tips!

On 2/4/2019 at 3:55 PM, mxk. said:

Did you bother to use DDU (display driver uninstaller)? When you transfer over from a different brand of graphics things can get weird. It's good to only have one set of drivers for the GPU on the PC.

No, I didn't uninstall any drivers. I will try it when I have the chance as i'm away rn. Thanks for tips!

On 2/4/2019 at 3:54 PM, Radium_Angel said:

I tried it and the computer booted normally. 

I have now tried that and it works perfectly! Thanks!

I turned off the computer before going to sleep and today when i woke up and started it, same problem.

1 hour ago, HarKatt said:

I turned off the computer before going to sleep and today when i woke up and started it, same problem.

Shitttt.

You might want to try a fresh install of windows, and updating your BIOS. I would have thought DDU would have solved the issue but when I see that this was happening with the BIOS, maybe windows and the boot was having issues.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

On 2/4/2019 at 3:51 PM, HarKatt said:

So, ever since I upgraded my pc from integrated graphics (Ryzen 5 2400g) to a 1070 Ti, I have been having this issue where when I start the pc it displays the gigabyte logo and then the screen goes black and from there i hit the quick restart button on the computer case and then it boots normally.

What happens if you don't hit the reset button?
Does it load Windows??

I have also found that when I hit the start button on the pc I can quickly turn off my 4k monitor and then wait for it to boot (on my other 2 screens (one 1080p or 1440p, an old 4:3 and the 4k monitor)) and then turn on my 4k monitor.

How are they connected??
Do you use the Internal Graphics?? 
Do you only use the ext. GPU??

I have tried to update my drivers with no luck and when I googled the issue I couldn't find anything helpfull so I thought I'd try posting something here. And also, all screens are plugged in to the graphics card. 

Where did you get that DP Cable from?
Have you tried a good quality DP Cable?? (You need a very high quality cable for 4k. I myself already have issues with DP and 1440p Screen)...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

On 2/16/2019 at 1:49 PM, Stefan Payne said:

Does it load Windows??

How are they connected??

Have you tried a good quality DP Cable?? (You need a very high quality cable for 4k. I myself already have issues with DP and 1440p Screen)...

The screens say No connection but the pc stays on.

Does it load Windows??

After turning off the 4k monitor or hit the reset button, yes.

How are they connected??

4k via DP, Samsung via dvi, 4:3 via vga - hdmi adapter.

No.

Assuming ext stands for external, the 1070 Ti is plugged in directly to the motherboard.

Found it in a box.

I can't find any specifications about the cable as I don't know where it was bought or where the original packaging is and when I googled the product id or whatever it is (089G 187BAA500) I couldn't find anything useful.

On 2/16/2019 at 10:25 AM, mxk. said:

Shitttt.

I tried updating the BIOS with gigabytes app center with no luck. Although I had some issues installing app center so I'm not sure if it updated at all or to a newer version.

5 hours ago, HarKatt said:

Ehhh you should try manually updating the BIOS, the traditional way. Just look up a youtube tutorial and I'm sure you can find something.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra