Gigabyte Tegra note 7

Hey all, I have been looking into buying a tablet and stumbled upon the tegra note 7. Its a pretty affordable tablet (269 AU) and has great specs to show.

I will be using this tablet for light gaming and surfing the web and such ..

This will be my first tablet (im more of a hardware enthusiast)

So what are your thoughts? is this the tablet for me?!?

Also does this have 3G/4G? because I travel a bit.

Thanks, Nathan .

Hey all, I have been looking into buying a tablet and stumbled upon the tegra note 7. Its a pretty affordable tablet (269 AU) and has great specs to show.

I will be using this tablet for light gaming and surfing the web and such ..

This will be my first tablet (im more of a hardware enthusiast)

So what are your thoughts? is this the tablet for me?!?

Also does this have 3G/4G? because I travel a bit.

Thanks, Nathan .

I believe @Bentheren bought one recently. He should be able to help you out a bit. :)

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

This tablet is amazing for the price, it doesn't have 3g/4g but if you have an android device with tethering it would be usable with that, When it comes to gaming the gpu is fine for anything you can throw at it, although the 1GB of ram hinders certain applications performance. When doing benchmarks 3dmark gave it 5 stars and it got around 60-80 fps in all of the benchmarks. I would highly recommend this tablet for the price you are paying.

Cpu: I5 3570k @ 4.3ghz Gpu: EVGA GTX 780 FTW edition Case: Corsair 300R​ Ram: 8GB Corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Motherboard: ASUS P8-Z77 V-LX Keyboard: Corsair k50 raptor  Mouse: Razer naga 2012 edition OS: Windows 8.1

• 3 weeks later...

can it stream games like the nvidia shield?

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

can it stream games like the nvidia shield?

No. It shares the Shield's Tegra 4 so games on the device itself perform pretty much the same but the software for game streaming isn't there. I believe the NIC hardware isn't there for it to be possible, either. 

"Rawr XD"

This tablet is amazing for the price, it doesn't have 3g/4g but if you have an android device with tethering it would be usable with that, When it comes to gaming the gpu is fine for anything you can throw at it, although the 1GB of ram hinders certain applications performance. When doing benchmarks 3dmark gave it 5 stars and it got around 60-80 fps in all of the benchmarks. I would highly recommend this tablet for the price you are paying.

Unless you're hammering it with multitasking 1GB should be fine. And with KitKat on the way it'll be plenty.

"Rawr XD"