Thinking of getting a new case

CoffeeBlack

So I currently own a HAF X blue edition. I think I want to get rid of it for a couple different reasons. The main reason is that I need a smaller case for the place I'm moving into. I don't necessarily need a smaller case, it would just be more convenient. The second being, I'm no longer into the aggressive/flashy styling.

So my main question is, is it worth trying to sell my HAF X? I don't know what kind of used/second hand case demand there is. I feel like they're normally cheap enough to not buy used. If people do buy second hand cases, what kind of percentage of MSRP can I reasonably list it for?

Any advice is much appreciated! :)

So I currently own a HAF X blue edition. I think I want to get rid of it for a couple different reasons. The main reason is that I need a smaller case for the place I'm moving into. I don't necessarily need a smaller case, it would just be more convenient. The second being, I'm no longer into the aggressive/flashy styling.

So my main question is, is it worth trying to sell my HAF X? I don't know what kind of used/second hand case demand there is. I feel like they're normally cheap enough to not buy used. If people do buy second hand cases, what kind of percentage of MSRP can I reasonably list it for?

Any advice is much appreciated! :)

Do you want M-ITX or M-ATX?

I don't want to get new components and I have ATX now. So I'm not going to go way small. I've actually narrowed it down to just a couple of cases. My main concern is whether it's worth it to sell my old case or not.

@CoffeeBlack Everyone's gonna suggest the Define R4, so I'll suggest the Bitfenix Shinobi :D. It's not flashy at all and I love the soft touch feel.

Also, I'd say keep the HAF X. Once your current build goes outdated (everything including the CPU + mobo), you can chuck it into the HAF X and create a NAS server or a Folding computer.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

I don't want to get new components and I have ATX now. So I'm not going to go way small. I've actually narrowed it down to just a couple of cases. My main concern is whether it's worth it to sell my old case or not.

if you can get some $$$ and you're going to get a new case anyway, why not?

but at the same time, "a money saved is a money earned" don't spend unless it's necessary - if possible of course :)

Check out the build: Used to be Obot, now Lilith

Shameless: Me

if you can get some $$$ and you're going to get a new case anyway, why not?

but at the same time, "a money saved is a money earned" don't spend unless it's necessary - if possible of course :)

I'm still satisfied with my current hardware. Asus sabertooth z77, 3570k, gtx 670 and a bunch of SSD's. I definitely see the appeal tho. Just can't really swing it right now tho. I just bought 2 new guns and am putting myself through school.

@CoffeeBlack Everyone's gonna suggest the Define R4, so I'll suggest the Bitfenix Shinobi :D. It's not flashy at all and I love the soft touch feel.

Also, I'd say keep the HAF X. Once your current build goes outdated (everything including the CPU + mobo), you can chuck it into the HAF X and create a NAS server or a Folding computer.

I was thinking about keeping it, but I have like three old Dell and a couple HP cases I could use for that. I might keep it if it isn't worth much.

If I listed it for $100, is that too much? It's in really good condition with the original box.

I'm still satisfied with my current hardware. Asus sabertooth z77, 3570k, gtx 670 and a bunch of SSD's. I definitely see the appeal tho. Just can't really swing it right now tho. I just bought 2 new guns and am putting myself through school.

maybe if you got a bunch of SSDs, sell one or something along with your case then replace it with HDD + a nice new case?

although, i still believe not spending first :P

Check out the build: Used to be Obot, now Lilith

Shameless: Me

I am gonna obviously say the define R4 from fractal design maybe with a window on it, the titanium one is on sale by a little on new egg right now ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811352023 ), or you can get the non windowed one, or the black one, I have the black one with a window and it is beautiful IRL, even though it looks beautiful in the pictures as well. I recommend this because you said you don't want a aggressive flashy case, and this is not. It is sleek and the window is awesome. I wouldn't get the shinobi from bitfenix, on the outside it looks good, but if you watch video reviews, like Hardware Canucks, they say that the interior of the case is very bad.

Gaming Rig "Project Primitus" - AMD FX-8320 CPU, Asus M5A97 R2.0 Mobo, G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB RAM @1866 MHz, WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Gigabyte Geforce GTX 760 GPU, Fractal Design Define R4 Window, Corsair CX600 PSU

Pics and my reviews for the build here - http://pcpartpicker.com/b/LvN

Peripherals - Corsair Vengeance K70 MX Red, Logitech G402,Kingston HyperX Cloud, 21" TV, Steelseries QcK Heavy Mousepad, Macbook Pro 2012 13"

While I appreciate the advice on which case to buy, I'm still hoping someone will know if my case is worth anything. It was like $210 new.

While I appreciate the advice on which case to buy, I'm still hoping someone will know if my case is worth anything. It was like $210 new.

You want people to actually answer the question you asked... lol. Throw it on craigslist, because shipping for a case would ruin your profits.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

You want people to actually answer the question you asked... lol. Throw it on craigslist, because shipping for a case would ruin your profits.

We actually have a really great craigslist-like site locally that people use more than craigslist here. Do you think I should list it for a price or just ask for offers?