RTX 2080 Displayport not working

I recently bought an Asus ROG Strix 2080 graphics card to upgrade my 980ti. When I swap the cards I notice the displayports won't work on the card but the HDMI works just fine. I get a new replacement displayport cable and also RMA'd the first card and tried again with the second card and none of the displayports work. I've been using displayport with my 980ti just fine so this seemed odd. I tried using some utilities like nvflash and a gpu hotfix from nvidia's website (417.58) to see if that would fix the issue and nothing. I then used DDU to remove and then reinstall the driver and still nothing. Anyone have any ideas on a fix while I set up a replacement unit from Amazon?

main parts:

i7-6700

Asrock z170 oc formula

2x8gb gskill ripjaws v series 3200 ram

samsung 950pro 512gb

evga 850 w 80+ platinum

asus rog strix 2080

Had the same issue, upgraded from rx580 to RTX2070 last night. Two monitor one is connected via HDMI which works fine but 144hz monitor connected via display port would not display but detects on nvidia control panel and screen resolution windows setting. Tried other display port but same issue and tried using a HDMI cable for the 144hz monitor and it worked fine. Googled around and saw someone suggesting to power cycle the monitor... Disconnected power cable for the 144hz monitor and then it worked connected via displayport. give it a try..

test it in another computer if that doesn't work RMA

(◣_◢) Ryzen 5 3600,   Aorus X370 K7,   XPG 16GB 3200,   Gigabyte 2070 Windforce Corsair RM650x,   LG 32GK650F-B 31.5" 144Hz QHD FreeSync VA,   Kingston 120GB SSD,   Samsung 1TB 860 QVO,   2TB HDD,   Fractal Design Meshify C,   Corsair K63 Wireless,   Corsair Gaming M65 PRO,   Audio Technica ATH M50x,   Windows 10 ProCorsair H100x 240mm.  (◣_◢)

(◣_◢) Ryzen 5 1600,   Noctua NH-L12S,   Gigabyte GTX 1060 6G,   ASUS Prime B350 Plus,   HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 (2666MHz - 1.3v),   SilverStone ET550-B,   Kingston 120GB SSD 2TB HDD,   Cougar MX330,   Windows 10 Pro.  (◣_◢)

RTX card not working you say? Nvidia strikes again

Rma that thing asap

• 5 months later...
On 2/1/2019 at 10:17 AM, skwannabe89 said:

Had the same issue, upgraded from rx580 to RTX2070 last night. Two monitor one is connected via HDMI which works fine but 144hz monitor connected via display port would not display but detects on nvidia control panel and screen resolution windows setting. Tried other display port but same issue and tried using a HDMI cable for the 144hz monitor and it worked fine. Googled around and saw someone suggesting to power cycle the monitor... Disconnected power cable for the 144hz monitor and then it worked connected via displayport. give it a try..

Thank you so much you saved me so many headaches, fixed my same issue.

• 4 months later...
On 2/1/2019 at 10:17 AM, skwannabe89 said:

THANK YOU! I've been building computers for 15 years, worked in IT most of that, troubleshooting stuff like this daily. After everything I've learned I would never think that a monitor would need to be power cycled for it to see an input. Never. I've always been under the assumption that a monitor will see what being provided as an input. Until I got a new 2080 Super, worked fine for a day or two then the 3rd day it won't post. Reset CMOS, reseat RAM, reseat power cables, nothing. Unplug monitor power and plug it back in...instantly fixed...can now see the displayport input. You learn something new everyday I guess. Thank you for you help.

And to those who shouted RMA, troubleshooting may not be your strong suit.