Help! My mouse isn't working properly

Dragjov
Go to solution Solved by Semper,
2 minutes ago, Dragjov said:

I feared this but it's just that when i banged it i heard a windows notification sound and the screen flickered

Were you attempting to push your mouse through your desk?

I don't know that I can come up with a scenario that would warrant hitting your mouse hard enough to cause your screen to flicker that don't revolve around having some anger issues.
The windows notification you heard is more likely to indicate that it's a hardware issue, for a brief moment, windows likely failed to recognize that the mouse was still attached. With software failure, you're more likely to get some type of error notification popup than just a sound.

So, i was playing a little bit of destiny 2 crucible, when i got a litlle bit mad and banged my mouse against the desk. I have done this before with no side effects but now, i cant drag and the click doesn't register until i let go

Therefore i am wondering if this might be a software issue or if i'll just have to bite the bullet and by a new one

I've never heard of a situation where smashing a mouse caused software issues.

I suppose it's possible that you shifted the board (and subsequent sensor and switches) out of alignment when doing this, pulling it apart (and giving it a quick clean) might fix the issue, but my bets are that she's on the way out.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

3 minutes ago, Dragjov said:

So, i was playing a little bit of destiny 2 crucible, when i got a litlle bit mad and banged my mouse against the desk. I have done this before with no side effects but now, i cant drag and the click doesn't register until i let go

Therefore i am wondering if this might be a software issue or if i'll just have to bite the bullet and by a new one

if you do this from time to time, it's normal for a mouse to get damaged IMO.

1 minute ago, Semper said:

I've never heard of a situation where smashing a mouse caused software issues.

I suppose it's possible that you shifted the board (and subsequent sensor and switches) out of alignment when doing this, pulling it apart (and giving it a quick clean) might fix the issue, but my bets are that she's on the way out.

I feared this but it's just that when i banged it i heard a windows notification sound and the screen flickered

2 minutes ago, Dragjov said:

Were you attempting to push your mouse through your desk?

I don't know that I can come up with a scenario that would warrant hitting your mouse hard enough to cause your screen to flicker that don't revolve around having some anger issues.
The windows notification you heard is more likely to indicate that it's a hardware issue, for a brief moment, windows likely failed to recognize that the mouse was still attached. With software failure, you're more likely to get some type of error notification popup than just a sound.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

I might have minor anger issues but that's for another day, but thanks I think you're right with it making a noise that it did'nt recognise it and i think the screen flicker from said error message as i was in game