Chrome book for mothers day

So mothers day is coming up in like a few months LOL. I dont want to wait till the last minuet. Here's the deal, my mom has mentioned she wants a machine that she can use while she is sitting on the couch watching TV. She did have a Windows laptop at one point, but it was large, heavy and bulky and kinda slow. She was thinking of getting a Chromebook as my dad has had one for like 5 years and its done well. My thinking is, my mom has a Phenom 2 x4 machine she uses when she needs Windows and she could use the Chromebook when she just wants to browse the internet. Pretty much she does Facebook/ Facebook games. Thats about all she does. 

Specs wise I was thinking:

4 Gigs of Ram

2 USB ports 

12-14" screen 

My mom uses a 4:3 Dell monitor on her desktop, yes I said it 4:3, I want to gouge out my eyes every time I use this machine. So resolution doesnt really matter all too much. I dont expect her to store really any files on the machine. She already had a Google Account as she has an Android phone. I really want to get recommendation on what brands seem to be doing Chromebooks justice. Also if one has a half way decent touch pad that would be nice, if not she can use a logitec wireless laptop mouse. I was thinking in the neighborhood of $0-$250, maybe a little more if its worth it. Im going to see if the Old man and my sister want to throw in on this gift. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.