New 1080P Gaming build

Mohamed AkRam

Hello guys , hoping you have a great day,

i want to buy a new 1080P Gaming build and i'm pretty confused 
wheter to buy an i5 8400 with B370 Gaming Aurous motherboard or Ryzen 5 2600 With B450 Aurous Motheboard ? 
also another question : is 16 gb Essential ? because i can buy only 8 gb with Budget Gaming mouse and keyboard combo and upgrade later with an extra 8 gigs and a cooler  or 16 gb of memory as my budget is so tight  so your thoughts ? 
Specs: 
CPU:i5 8400 or Ryzen 5 2600
Mobo:H370 or B450

Ram : 8 or 16 GBs
Graphics card : RTX 2060 
HDD : 2TB Western Digital Blue 

SSD : 120 GB Cruicial BX500

Power Supply EVGA 600W 80+ Bronze 

Case : Cooler Master CMP 505 

Are your prices in USD? 2600 should be cheaper build.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

4 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Are your prices in USD? 2600 should be cheaper build.

on amazon the i5 8400 is 193$ and the ryzen 5 2600 is 190 $ .. so there is no difference aprox.

1 minute ago, Mohamed AkRam said:

in amazon the i5 8400 is 193$ and the ryzen 5 2600 is 190 $ .. so there is no difference aprox.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=n82e16819113496&Ignorebbr=true

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Mohamed AkRam said:

oh , ok , basically i'm not from us i'm from egypt and prices are the same as amazon the core i5 is barely more expensive ...

Oh ok. In that case I still recommend Ryzen because the gameplay experience will be relatively the same and you'll get 6 core 12 thread vs 6 core only. 

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

Oh ok. In that case I still recommend Ryzen because the gameplay experience will be relatively the same and you'll get 6 core 12 thread vs 6 core only. 

thanks for your reply , any recommendations on how much memory should i buy ? 16 gb first without peripherals or 8 with peripherals and upgrade later 

3 minutes ago, Mohamed AkRam said:

oh , ok , basically i'm not from us i'm from egypt and prices are the same as amazon the core i5 is barely more expensive ...

if your ONLY going for gaming, have no interest ever in recording gameplay or streaming, the 8400 will probably be a bit bettter because of its higher IPC. the r5 2600 is a bit cheaper though, and the motherboards are usually cheaper as well, which would let you be able to afford the 16GB of RAM, and maybe a better PSU (550-650W gold rated PSU if you can) and it will still be more than enough for what you need and not really tons different than the 8400 performance in gaming.

9 minutes ago, Trulop said:

the 8400 will probably be a bit bettter because of its higher IPC.

IPC is actually rather similar, and the 8400 has such low clocks that it doesn't beat Ryzen

Primary PC: