No monitor signal

Desmond Mai

Hi,

i just finished building my pc. When I turn on my pc, I am not getting any signal through my monitor. After about every 8 seconds the pc automatically turns off and tries to reboot over and that repeats. I have tried replugging the ram and gpu.

please help

Sounds to me like your power supply isn't supplying power to the processor. Happened to me on my first build... Just check to be sure the cable supplying power to your CPU is plugged into your motherboard properly.

My pc specs are as follows:

GTX 1080 GPU

intel i7 6700k CPU

16GB Ram

2TB HDD

500G SSD

Gigabyte Gaming 7 Motherboard

1 minute ago, balzer45 said:

Sounds to me like your power supply isn't supplying power to the processor. Happened to me on my first build... Just check to be sure the cable supplying power to your CPU is plugged into your motherboard properly.

The cpu connector is 8 pin right at the top right of the motherboard, I also replugged that

5 minutes ago, Desmond Mai said:

The cpu connector is 8 pin right at the top right of the motherboard, I also replugged that

I'm sure you did this, but if the power supply is modular, check to be sure it's plugged in on both ends? I'm 90% sure that it's a CPU power issue though as that restart occurs if the computer boots and is unable to make it past  certain point in the boot process. Also check to be sure that your motherboard isn't showing any diagnostic codes on it or via beeps. Can you post the parts of your system? :)

GTX 1080 GPU

intel i7 6700k CPU

16GB Ram

2TB HDD

500G SSD

1 minute ago, balzer45 said:

I'm sure you did this, but if the power supply is modular, check to be sure it's plugged in on both ends? I'm 90% sure that it's a CPU power issue though as that restart occurs if the computer boots and is unable to make it past  certain point in the boot process. Also check to be sure that your motherboard isn't showing any diagnostic codes on it or via beeps. Can you post the parts of your system? :)

The cpu cable is not modular, you can’t unplug it from the psu

ryzen 5 2600

rx 580 nitro

b450 pro4

1tb hdd

240 ssd

cx550m

2x8 ddr4 3000mhz

I'm having the same problem. I've replugged everything, reseated the CPU and heatsink, moved and checked the ram individually, unplugged the gpu and run off the board's on board graphics.

When it turns on, it beeps once then the CPU LED lights for a second then the DRAM light lights for 6 or so seconds then the VGA light goes on for a few seconds then shuts down and reboots. It's on for about a second then shuts down and reboots again and repeats the whole thing.

At first I had incompatible RAM (3200) so I switched to 2666. Still the same.

I have an H370 HD3 mobo with an i5 9600k chip. 16GB Corsair Vengance 2666 memory and an EVGA 750w power supply.

I've built and modified plenty of systems and never had this issue before.

Its possible that it's a ram issue as well, if you've got multiple sticks of ram try switching the configurations around (running with one stick in each slot until it boots) to check for dead slots on the motherboard or sticks of ram itself, double and triple check to be sure they're seated correctly, also check for any bent pins on the processor just to be safe (do this as a lat resort obviously just because its annoying to take out). Keep in mind this stuff happens to me all the time when I build pc's so I feel your pain, best of luck to you both.

GTX 1080 GPU

intel i7 6700k CPU

16GB Ram

2TB HDD

500G SSD

1 hour ago, balzer45 said:

Its possible that it's a ram issue as well, if you've got multiple sticks of ram try switching the configurations around (running with one stick in each slot until it boots) to check for dead slots on the motherboard or sticks of ram itself, double and triple check to be sure they're seated correctly, also check for any bent pins on the processor just to be safe (do this as a lat resort obviously just because its annoying to take out). Keep in mind this stuff happens to me all the time when I build pc's so I feel your pain, best of luck to you both.

Hi, 

i figures out how to boot my pc, apparently my ram wasn’t in all the way even though I replugged it like 4 times.

anyways I have another question I wanna ask you. So after I open my pc, I boost it up by usb drive which has windows it. After installing windows, do I have to go back into bios to boot from my hard drive instead of the usb or does it not matter?