senheiser 6xx 5xx 58x

Zeketo
1 minute ago, Turtle Rig said:

I built a studio while back,,,,   There is no echo or anything going on,, its like how music is in your car or in a studio,, Spent 10k,, but its ok.  I hate labor...  In my sig it shows what I use for audio device and keyboard I use,,,...

You spent $10K and only got KRK Rokits?They aren't very good monitors. 

But anyhow you can't get a flat headphone without using Sonarworks EQ software. But the two headphones under $500 that come somewhat close are the Beyerdynamic DT880 and AKG K612.

2 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

I built a studio while back,,,,   There is no echo or anything going on,, its like how music is in your car or in a studio,, Spent 10k,, but its ok.  I hate labor...  In my sig it shows what I use for audio device and keyboard I use,,,...

Also you need room EQ for speakers to be flat no matter the space.

2 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

You spent $10K and only got KRK Rokits?They aren't very good monitors. 

But anyhow you can't get a flat headphone without using Sonarworks EQ software. But the two headphones under $500 that come somewhat close are the Beyerdynamic DT880 and AKG K612.  I had the KRK's before I built the studio.. and I love the yellow cones on the 10-3-1  .......Also my friend had the V8 KRK and he produced a couple albums and made music for a movie and sound.  They are great, but then he bought Adam monitors for 4k .......

There is 10k monitors but I jus tneed near field and mid field,,,,,,,,,   Yes I can pay 10k and buy far field expensive ass monitors but I dont have the need to. 

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

Just now, Turtle Rig said:

There is 10k monitors but I jus tneed near field and mid field,,,,,,,,,   Yes I can pay 10k and buy far field expensive ass monitors but I dont have the need to. 

I am not saying you have to spend that, but like even some JBL 305Ps are better than those.

3 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

I have tweaked the EQ in the monitors to match the studio room.  Turned down the bass -2db ,,,,,,,,, bass is really powerful on this thing.  Honestly I wish it had less bass punch but things sound great,, so Im happy with them.  Sure I can buy 3k or 5k monijtors,, then you will say those are not as good as the Adams which are 4k 

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

I am not saying you have to spend that, but like even some JBL 305Ps are better than those.

I think to each their own you know my friend.  I can use Yamaha's that are 500 bucks ,,,,,  with the white cone...  people use taht in studios and not 10k monitors.. so ya ,, I really needed to fix the acoustics of the room ............ and make it look nice,, I stuck with my KRKs I saw my friend whos a pro big time and does music for movies used KRK V8 now he has Adams ,,,,,,, I cant tell the difference except the adams are ugly,, lol

Thank you for your suggestion on HP's Im gonna check them out m8.

I have tweaked the EQ in the monitors to match the studio room.  Turned down the bass -2db ,,,,,,,,, bass is really powerful on this thing.  Honestly I wish it had less bass punch but things sound great,, so Im happy with them.  Sure I can buy 3k or 5k monijtors,, then you will say those are not as good as the Adams which are 4k 

I didn't say you had to buy expensive monitors. KRK is like the M50X of studio monitors. They are the ones that people who have no idea what they are doing think are good, but really they are pretty bad. 

2 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

I didn't say you had to buy expensive monitors. KRK is like the M50X of studio monitors. They are the ones that people who have no idea what they are doing think are good, but really they are pretty bad. 

Ok chief, everything I have sucks balls are you happy now.  End this thread.

I didn't say that. HD650 is quite good. One of my favorite headphones.

1 hour ago, Max_Settings said:

Ok before headphones how do you run your monitors? You don't just set them up and think they are flat right? That is not how that works. 

I feel like this person is a hobby mixer at best. 

A bit of a digression here; have you had any experience with the HD820? I just saw them online, and they look cool, though I have to say I'm feeling pretty dubious about how they'll compare to the HD800S, not that I've actually done any research on them...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Just now, KaminKevCrew said:

I feel like this person is a hobby mixer at best. 

A bit of a digression here; have you had any experience with the HD820? I just saw them online, and they look cool, though I have to say I'm feeling pretty dubious about how they'll compare to the HD800S, not that I've actually done any research on them...

I do not currently. But I will be demoing them next month. However, from everyone I know that tried them, they suck. They have serious problems in their FR, which you can see be looking it up. Sennheiser closed headphones are generally very very poor.

1 minute ago, Max_Settings said:

I do not currently. But I will be demoing them next month. However, from everyone I know that tried them, they suck. They have serious problems in their FR, which you can see be looking it up. Sennheiser closed headphones are generally very very poor.

Darn. That's too bad too because the glass over the driver looks really beautiful. Too bad I can't listen to music with my eyes.

39 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

Nobody is saying that your stuff "sucks balls" we're just trying to educate you. I'm sure it comes off as a little harsh, but that's mainly because you're hiding behind your "22 years of experience in the studio" and you seem like you're unwilling to actually listen to what we're saying. 

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Just now, KaminKevCrew said:

Darn. That's too bad too because the glass over the driver looks really beautiful. Too bad I can't listen to music with my eyes.

Look at the ZMF Eikon if you want a high end closed headphone.

27 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

Nobody is saying that your stuff "sucks balls" we're just trying to educate you. I'm sure it comes off as a little harsh, but that's mainly because you're hiding behind your "22 years of experience in the studio" and you seem like you're unwilling to actually listen to what we're saying. 

look at the above few threads, am I disagreeing with you.. also the AKG hps are only 150 bucks, and is single corded.  Let me check out these ZMF Eikon your talking about.  Look I dont have the best HPs or the best monitors.  But I am happy with it, as long as Im happy.  As long as your happy that's all that matters.

look at the above few threads, am I disagreeing with you.. also the AKG hps are only 150 bucks, and is single corded.  Let me check out these ZMF Eikon your talking about.  Look I dont have the best HPs or the best monitors.  But I am happy with it, as long as Im happy.  As long as your happy that's all that matters.

Question. Why do you care if it is single or dual entry?

2 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

Look I dont have the best HPs or the best monitors. 

Also I never once said HD650 was bad in any way whatsoever.

I can get Yamaha's classic ones with white cone or JBLs but at end of the day Im not making money right now but I was making money and produced 2 albums long time ago.  Your telling me 150 dollar AKG is better then what I have.  Also I dont need education, your just saying my sh*T sucks,, and I really don't care about your opinion or what you think is fact, your a HP freak,, don't tell me my KRKs arent good,, have you heard them inside a studio or just at guitar center ?

At the end of the day I want you to be happy, thats all that matters, and I want myself to be happy with my gear and I am.  I dont have the fastest computer or the best monitors or best HPs in the world but their good enough for me and Im happy.  No point in steering me elsewhere however thank you for your posts and your recommendation of the HPs

Your telling me 150 AKG is better then what I have your dead wrong.

Woah hold up. I never said HD650 was bad, and I never said K612 was better, it is just more neutral.

3 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

don't tell me my KRKs arent good,, have you heard them inside a studio or just at guitar center 

I can't say I have heard them in a studio since no studio would ever have KRKs, but literally anyone in the audio field will tell you KRK is super meh when it comes to monitors. They are just popular because they are cheap, but they aren't very good. Also you are not understanding what I am saying.

HD650 is not bad, something being neutral doesn't mean it is good, most people don't like neutral headphones because they are boring. Color makes music more enjoyable.

17 hours ago, Max_Settings said:

Oh man, that cuts......I have the KRK Rokit5 G3 and I think they're decent enough, nothing to write home about, but better than the average near field speakers.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2