Decent Gaming Build Plan, Opinions/Constructive Criticism Welcome!

Hey Everyone, 

I've priced out this new gaming tower build that im looking to put together here in the next couple months. However, before i do i wanted to put it out there for any advice/tweaks/constructive criticism yall may have that could improve the overall build without raising the cost by much or possibly even lowering it. Let me know your thoughts, thanks in advance!

I've attached the build in the attached excel spreadsheet to include all the part names. 

Tworob~

PC BUILDOUT.xlsx

You dont need a Aorus xtreme, unless you are doing LN2. Aorus Master/Ultra would do perfectly, then you can use the saved cash for perhaps a better PSU, or going full SSD (i.e. m.2 500GB + 1/2TB SATA SSD), also, there are better value NVMe drives the the EX920/SX8200 which basically have the same performance as the EVO but is cheaper.

BTW: this site might help

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/

Looks like a build I only wish I could have... Everything seems like it would work together great as well. And like Firewrath said, pcpartpicker is a fantastic website to check compatability of parts and look for the cheapest prices...

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core 3.7 GHz Socket AM4 105W || NZXT - Kraken X62 Liquid CPU Cooler || MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI AM4 AMD X570 SATA 6Gb/s ATX AMD Motherboard || CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) || SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2 2280 1TB PCI-Express Gen 4.0 x4 || SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2 2280 500GB PCIe Gen 3.0 x4 || Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive || MSI RTX 3080 GAMING Z TRIO 10G LHR || Fractal Design Meshify 2 Black ATX Flexible Dark Tinted Tempered Glass Window || Seasonic FOCUS GX-850, 850W 80+ Gold, Full-Modular || Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit || Logitech - G502 Proteus Core Wireless Optical Mouse || Input Club K-Type w/ Ajazz Kiwi Switches

Id hold of on the CPU buy if i were you. Especially since you are going all out. By the looks of things the 9900k wont be all that impressive with Zen 2 on the horizon (Q2/Q3).

Drop 1080ti for 2080 or 2080ti. Shuffle the memmory down to 16GB and PSU to a 650 watt unit instead to finance the more expencive GPU (if you you the 2080ti). If you want to do the build now. You can grab an r5 2600 now and upgrade in the summer. You should be able to flip the without too much loss. 

9 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Id hold of on the CPU buy if i were you. Especially since you are going all out. By the looks of things the 9900k wont be all that impressive with Zen 2 on the horizon (Q2/Q3).

Drop 1080ti for 2080 or 2080ti. Shuffle the memmory down to 16GB and PSU to a 650 watt unit instead to finance the more expencive GPU (if you you the 2080ti). If you want to do the build now. You can grab an r5 2600 now and upgrade in the summer. You should be able to flip the without too much loss. 

I agree that Zen 2 will be great, but for gaming, the i9 will do much better. The 1080ti is still good if you don't need the RTX. But I will agree that the memory is a little much. If you do want to run dual cards in the future it might be beneficial to get a better PSU now.

Home Base : Ryzen 5 2400G - ASROCK HDV R4.0 B450M -  Corsair Vengance Pro RGB 2x8GB @3200Mhz - Sapphire Pulse RX 5700XT - WB Black (2018) 500GB NVME SSD - 250GB WD (P.O.S.) HDD - 250GB LITEONIT SSD - Cougar MX330 ATX Tower - EVGA SuperNOVA 750 GQ 750W Gold- Razer Deathaddder Elite - Corsair K55 RGB Keyboard

2 minutes ago, OmicronEta said:

I agree that Zen 2 will be great, but for gaming, the i9 will do much better. The 1080ti is still good if you don't need the RTX. But I will agree that the memory is a little much. If you do want to run dual cards in the future it might be beneficial to get a better PSU now.

Dual-cards is dumb and shouldnt be considered for the various reasons with SLI, crossfire and explicit multi-GPU that are widely known.

We dont have final performance numbers for Zen 2. Only thing we know for shure is the half corecount early silicon Zen 2 matches the 9900k in Cinebench. So idk how you claim the 9900k is going to be much better. Because Zen 2 aint out yet and it is the msin reason people shouldnt go all out on CPU spending right now on the 9900k. Mostly because it would suck if it suddenly became midrange.

650 watt PSU is enough for most systems if you arent running threadrippers