Corsair M65 Elite or Dark Core RGB Wireless

DigitalPixel

Has anyone used these mice? I'm looking at buying one but don't know which. The M65 Elite looks very cool but with the Dark Core you have the option of wireless/wired. How is the wireless functionality compared to wired on these models? I'm also looking at getting the Corsair K70 Low Profile keyboard to match.

In the past I always had Logitech. But they weren't gaming peripherals. Currently I'm using the K800 keyboard and Performance MX mouse combo.

7 minutes ago, DigitalPixel said:

Has anyone used these mice? I'm looking at buying one but don't know which. The M65 Elite looks very cool but with the Dark Core you have the option of wireless/wired. How is the wireless functionality compared to wired on these models? I'm also looking at getting the Corsair K70 Low Profile keyboard to match.

In the past I always had Logitech. But they weren't gaming peripherals. Currently I'm using the K800 keyboard and Performance MX mouse combo.

I have a friend who has one.  I hate it.  Its a POS.. Corsair cant make mice and fans and what not.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

4 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

I have a friend who has one.  I hate it.  Its a POS.. Corsair cant make mice and fans and what not.

Keep in mind what you may hate others may love.

I have tried out the Dark Core, it seemed alright with its performance.

@DigitalPixel Try the shape in a store first if possible, and if you like it, then go for it.

What kind of games are you looking to play? That could also help you decide the mouse you get.

Who needs fancy graphics and high resolutions when you can get a 60 FPS frame rate on iGPUs?

I have the m65 pro I love it, the RGB is good paired with my k70 RGB. The only thing I have noticed is the braided cable gets dirty dragging on my desk and mouse pad but that probably happens to alot of braided cables.

CPU: Intel I5-7500 

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master ML240

Motherboard: ASRock B250M PRO 4

Memory: 16GB Patriot Viper Elite

Gpu: Asus Dual 1060 3GB

Storage: Corsair 120GB M.2 NVME

500GB Samsung 860 EVO

1TB WD Blue

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+Bronze

Case: Phanteks P350X

Monitors: HP Omen 25in 144hz

and some 25in Acer

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX RGB

Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro

Headphones= VModa Crossfade Wireless(but used wired)

Speakers: Some janky speakers I jerry-rigged

To each their own I guess.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

#1 First,you need to know,Corsair's driver-iCue is very BAD.

just like driver disconnected, RGB controlled out of order,even if keys disabled.

if you only have money to buy ONLY ONE,i'm not sure if corsair is useful for you.

M65 PRO RGB is a very old type of mouse,but it was easy to use,and it design was good,has less problem.

i dont know which kind of DARK CORE RGB which you want to buy,let's just think was Dark Core RGB not SE version.

first,this mouse is design for pair with MMO1000 to achieve wireless charge.

so i think,without this function,it's not a fully Dark Core RGB.

and also,Dark Core's side key design just like Corsair's M95-many,but less can use well.

for a fps player,most of side key are useless.

so this is my opinion,hope can help you.

ps:i buy nearly all of corsair's mouse,just like @Turtle Rigsaid,Corsair REALLY CANT MAKE A GOOD MOUSE, NEVER.

15 hours ago, DigitalPixel said:

I use both on a daily basis.  Dark Core SE for workflow in the office and during travel, and the new M65 Elite at home gaming.  Dark Core SE is really convenient since I can switch between my desktop and laptop with the flip of a switch, then take it with me to a meeting.  I also use this mouse with a Lapboard and K63 to game in my living room.  I've been using the new M65 Elite for a few months now (launched 2 weeks ago though), and love the revisions compared to the previous models.  The overall shape remains mostly the same with a few tweaks, but the major adjustments are in the side button shapes and placement, and topped off with a new more powerful Pixart 3391 sensor.  The mouse just feels more intuitive in the palm of your hand now.

Honestly, if you're unsure about which one will be more comfortable, try visiting a local retailer that have them on display.  Everyone has a different preference for grip and sizing.

PS: K70 RGB MK.2 Low Profile w/ speed switches is my daily at work too.  Really solid keyboard and comfortable too!

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

OK thank for the feedback guys. I'll go and find these on a display and see how they feel.

2 hours ago, DigitalPixel said:

OK thank for the feedback guys. I'll go and find these on a display and see how they feel.

Yes, its a little chunky you might or your hand might not like it.