videos not scaling correctly in rendered video

mxk

Hi,

I've been editing some videos (with a program called shotcut) for a little bit, and some of my clips are in 1024x768 stretched and the others are non stretched, looking like 16:9 with black bars. When I render the video, it comes out with the non stretched vides looking fine, but then the 1024x768 stretched clips have been scaled down and have black bars on the top, bottom, and sides. I tried rendering in 1080p 16:9 so the clips would be able to stretch, but it didn't seem to work. Is there something I can do? I'm really confused

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

I see that software is supposed to support it. So there must be some settings where you can choose how different resolutions are handled.

Resolve doesn't allow mixed resolutions, which is fine, so I've done  quick render all videos to resolution I edit in, possibly with some non-compressing codec, and then continue with edits.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I see that software is supposed to support it. So there must be some settings where you can choose how different resolutions are handled.

Resolve doesn't allow mixed resolutions, which is fine, so I've done  quick render all videos to resolution I edit in, possibly with some non-compressing codec, and then continue with edits.

I'm probably just going to compress the videos back into 16:9 black bars and leave the non-csgo clips in 1080p stretched, but I have to get the video to render first...

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu