Fast version of teamviewer on lan or any other program

Ballie

Dear Sir / Madam,

I was wondering if there is any software that lets you control another pc on your lan network really fast. I have tried using teamviewer on LAN but it is still really slow.

Thank you in advance.

EDIT: I would like to use this program on both mac os and windows

3 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Try VNC

Hi @Ninjake Thank you for your reply, but I would like to use it controlling a hackintosh so 1 windows machine and 1 mac machine. Unfortunately tightvnc is not supported by mac?

Maybe Synergy could help you out. Haven't used it myself but, I've heard it's pretty fast.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

13 minutes ago, Ballie said:

Hi @Ninjake Thank you for your reply, but I would like to use it controlling a hackintosh so 1 windows machine and 1 mac machine. Unfortunately tightvnc is not supported by mac?

VNC is a universal protocol that works on Windows Mac and Linux

Mac has a built in VNC server. You can read about how to enable it here.

Never dismiss a possible solution because of a respected brand.

IT Admin perusing a bachelor's in Computer Engineering.

8 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

Maybe Synergy could help you out. Haven't used it myself but, I've heard it's pretty fast.

synergy is blazing fast but as far as i know you can only use it to take over the pc on your second monitor (it does not stream the content on the other pc) if that makes sense.

Radmin is fastest I know. And I tested few VNC and some other remote control programs. Try it, for 30 days is free and if you want to use it later, is cheap and has lifetime license.

12 minutes ago, Ballie said:

synergy is blazing fast but as far as i know you can only use it to take over the pc on your second monitor (it does not stream the content on the other pc) if that makes sense. 

Yeah, it can't stream the desktop as Teamviewer does. Give VNC a try, sounds like it's just what you are looking for.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

1 hour ago, homeap5 said:

Radmin is fastest I know. And I tested few VNC and some other remote control programs. Try it, for 30 days is free and if you want to use it later, is cheap and has lifetime license.

Dear @cyberspirit I have tried radmin, but I still found this to be quite slow. For example animations lag and such. Any tips?

13 minutes ago, Ballie said:

Dear @cyberspirit I have tried radmin, but I still found this to be quite slow. For example animations lag and such. Any tips?

It is not for remote animation view.

It's for remote work. I don't know faster program.