Surface Book 2 Ghosting

mattdmg

So I purchased a Surface Book 2 a few days ago and it has an atrocious amount of ghosting. Any type of movement on the screen looks like utter shit. So far I love everything about this laptop but this issue is a deal breaker for me. 

So this is what it looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIyLWVZoVd4&feature=youtu.be

I contacted Microsoft support about it and after some troubleshooting, the person I spoke with concluded it was a hardware issue. They recommended that I should either replace it through them or take it back to Best Buy and get a replacement.

Not a big deal right? My only real major concern is, are all Surface Books like this? Is it just a poor pixel response time that causes it? Meaning no matter if I get a new one it will still have the same issue? Or is this issue probably only a problem with my device? 

Thanks

8 minutes ago, mattdmg said:

Not a big deal right? My only real major concern is, are all Surface Books like this?

They should not be, I don't recall hearing anything about poor display quality with the Surface Book 2. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

2 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

They should not be, I don't recall hearing anything about poor display quality with the Surface Book 2. 

I mean I would hope so, It's a high-resolution screen that is factory color calibrated on a premium device. Thanks

seems like a faulty unit.

return it and get a new unit. 

shit like this happens and its especially sad when it happens on higher end products

On 1/23/2019 at 1:17 PM, GoldenLag said:

On 1/23/2019 at 1:12 PM, DrMacintosh said:

So I went to Best Buy to return it and get a new one. I went to the laptops on display to see if they were all like that and all the surfaces had the same ghosting. I went to 5 other laptops of different brands and they all had the same amount of ghosting.

I guess I’m just too used to my 144hz display. I feel like an idiot 

• 5 weeks later...

I think Microsoft don`t do that on screen, although my Surface book 2 is just bought for a few days. I don`t meet any these problems on my former laptop,so I think you can change a new one lol.