Windows boots with only one stick of RAM

So long story short, I moved my hardware from one case to another and now windows wont boot unless I have only one of the ram sticks in only one of the slots. Now the thing is I tried that one stick on both of the slots (its mini itx so theres only 2 slots) and it only works in the first and not the second slot, which made me think the slot was faulty, but then I tried the other stick and to my suprise the other one wont work in either of the slots (RGB on the sticks still works btw). At this point the only logical conclusion my mind comes to is that I not only damaged the slot whilst moving the hardware but the stick itself too like wtf what are the chances. I've thoroughly checked the mobo as well as the ram stick for any scraches or damage of any sort whatsoever and they both seem perfectly fine. Also if the ram slot or stick were dead wouldn't windows still boot but just not read them ? So now I'm only running with 1 stick in the first slot until I figure something out, I'm planning on checking whether or not the second stick works ok on my cousin's pc and I'll give you an update but until then ANY piece of advice will be greatly appreciated considering i really want my sweet 8 gigs of ram back to work.

SPECS:

CPU: Intel i5 7600k, 3.8GHz (4.6 OC)

MOBO: Asus Strix z270i Gaming

GPU: Zotac Nvidia Geforce 1070

RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz

HDD: Seagate 1TB

SSD Samsung Evo 860 500gb

PSU: EVGA Supernova 550 G3 or something like that

Windows 10 64bit

15 minutes ago, Sikorzynska said:

So long story short, I moved my hardware from one case to another and now windows wont boot unless I have only one of the ram sticks in only one of the slots. Now the thing is I tried that one stick on both of the slots (its mini itx so theres only 2 slots) and it only works in the first and not the second slot, which made me think the slot was faulty, but then I tried the other stick and to my suprise the other one wont work in either of the slots (RGB on the sticks still works btw). At this point the only logical conclusion my mind comes to is that I not only damaged the slot whilst moving the hardware but the stick itself too like wtf what are the chances. I've thoroughly checked the mobo as well as the ram stick for any scraches or damage of any sort whatsoever and they both seem perfectly fine. So now I'm only running with 1 stick in the first slot until I figure something out, I'm planning on checking whether or not the second stick works ok on my cousin's pc and I'll give you an update but until then ANY piece of advice will be greatly appreciated considering i really want my sweet 8 gigs of ram back to work.

SPECS:

CPU: Intel i5 7600k, 3.8GHz (4.6 OC)

MOBO: Asus Strix z270i Gaming

GPU: Zotac Nvidia Geforce 1070

RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz

HDD: Seagate 1TB

SSD Samsung Evo 860 500gb

PSU: EVGA Supernova 550 G3 or something like that

Windows 10 64bit

I would try reseating the CPU, it might not bring the dead RAM stick back to life, but if you're lucky it might revive the faulty slot, other than that you can only replace the mobo.

UPDATE

OK, so I tried a few new things today - I updated my BIOS, reset the BIOS settings to default, Enabled XMP, reseated the CPU and cleaned the PC thoroughly. Those were all suggestions I read online. Sadly the problem still remains, at this point  I am pretty sure the RAM stick is just faulty, it still remains to check whether the slot is ok or not with another pair of ram but I currently don't have one at my disposal so it might take time. I am still open to suggestions however, thanks in advance