Will LTT ever do another video on folding or Boinc?

Today it dawned on me that LTT hadn't made a video on distributed computing for quite some time (last one I can find was over 3 years ago). As much as I understand LTT is a business that has the primary goal of maximising profit (like any other), it seems there could be many interesting or quirky ideas out there for videos of building either super powerful systems, or just oddball ones with a folding theme (eg.. maximum number of gpus in a distributed machine etc.. or running gpu's at different temps (some at really high temps) folding for months on end to see how heat effects durability..) Or even just adding PPD benchmark numbers when reviewing GPU's etc. Even just one video every year would raise awareness a whole bunch.

I realise the number of people interested in folding is never going to be crazy high..  And it's quite a niche interest that some of us have, but there must be a bunch of new people out there all the time who would be keen if they knew about it.  

Just some thoughts. Feel free to shoot them down :)

There really isn't new happening in the world of folding so not much content can be made from it. I do agree that it would be nice to see a video to see that impact of long term folding on GPUs but I think that they would only do that if they can get enough demand for it since the community is so small.

14 minutes ago, mattheginger said:

Or even just adding PPD benchmark numbers when reviewing GPU's etc.

I wish they did this, but I can understand that their viewers are gamers, so they have to cater to that audience more. The only reviewer I know that does this is AnandTech.

If you want here is a GPU PPD reference: https://www.overclock.net/forum/55-overclock-net-folding-home-team/475163-gpu-projects-ppd-database.html

23 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

There really isn't new happening in the world of folding so not much content can be made from it. I do agree that it would be nice to see a video to see that impact of long term folding on GPUs but I think that they would only do that if they can get enough demand for it since the community is so small.

Yeah I completely understand that. Having said that, they made a video just the other day about water cooling a red camera.... So surely there must be ways to incorporate distributed computing into one of their super interesting super-odd ball (or even 'Jank' as linus says) videos, even just once in a very-blue moon? 

2 hours ago, mattheginger said:

Yeah I completely understand that. Having said that, they made a video just the other day about water cooling a red camera.... So surely there must be ways to incorporate distributed computing into one of their super interesting super-odd ball (or even 'Jank' as linus says) videos, even just once in a very-blue moon? 

The only thing that comes to mind would be if they fold on their planned $100,000 six Titan V computer, or maybe even see if they can sustain some sort of extreme overclock* enough to fold at a high overclock.

*Yes, I know extreme overclock (LN2, dry-ice) is meant for short bursts of running a benchmark.

Edited by Dissitesuxba11s
Typo

1 hour ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

The only thing that comes to mind would be if they fold on their planned $100,000 six Titan V computer, or maybe even see if they can sustain some sort of extreme overclock* to enough to fold at a high overclock.

Now that would be baller.

8 minutes ago, mattheginger said:

Now that would be baller.

They did actually fold on that machine between shooting the episodes, tough they never really captured it on video. You can see a little bit of it on the video where they lay the electrical wires for their LAN room.