Samsung 860 Evo or Crucial MX500?

wantgpuhelp

I want to get a 500gb SSD but Im not sure which to get, Ive heard that the MX500 speed is similar to the 860 evo but it has 150tb of endurance while the 860 evo has 300tb (both 500gb model), would it be worth spending more for the endurance?
The Samsung 860 Evo is $85 and the Crucial MX500 is $68

It's worth the extra money. While yes, the performance is similar, the build quality and nand chips of the 860 EVO are better than the MX500.

Don't get me wrong, the MX500 is a good drive, but the 860 EVO is better in terms of durability.

Crunchy Dragon is correct in my eyes, at least to a point.

I've been running the MX series for a while now (MX200 and MX500 in my system - check signature) I have no complaints with them, I'm quite happy in fact.

My MX200 is my boot drive, has been for almost four years now, and I'd be well surprised if I'm at 5tb of data written to it.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

3 minutes ago, Semper said:

I've been running the MX series for a while now (MX200 and MX500 in my system - check signature) I have no complaints with them, I'm quite happy in fact.

Crucial has always had solid lower priced SSDs in my opinion.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Crucial has always had solid lower priced SSDs in my opinion.

Yep, Crucial's SSDs are great for the price. Bought my MX500 250GB during Black Friday 2018 and so far so good.

22 minutes ago, wantgpuhelp said:

would it be worth spending more for the endurance?

Depends what you are doing, if you are going to dump tons of media files on it over and over maybe otherwise it doesn't matter. 150 TB is writing the entire drive every day for over a year........

Just keep you're usage around 80%-90% at the very most and it will last a long long time.