Next XBox (Durango) features leaks by anonymous Microsoft employee

GoodBytes

The source, a supposed anonymous Microsoft employee who specializes in software, provides the following information:

-> The console does not need to be always online. Microsoft never considered such a thing.

-> XBox 360 back ward compatibility. The new XBox will have literately an XBox 360 chip inside.

-> Kinect 2.0 which is a better camera, and much faster processing, and flexibility for developers.

-> Controller is similar to the XBox 360, with improved D-Pad, and improved wireless controller battery life.

-> Xbox Mini/Xbox TV is a reality, but that is a different product, by a different team. It suppose to compete with Apple TV and the likes, it will feature the ability to play XBox 360 games as it will have the same processor and specs, but won't have disks support

-> The OS of the new XBox is a modified Windows 8, with a new WinRT framework

Of course, all the above is to be taken to a garin of salt.. as anyone can be an "anonymous Microsoft employee".

Source: http://vr-zone.com/articles/new-source-possibly-confirms-xbox-720-features-including-backwards-compatibility-and-no-always-on-requirement/19729.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+vr-zone+%28VR-Zone+|+Coolest+Gadgets+for+Men%2C+Geek%2C+Nerd%2C+Overclockers+and+Enthusiast%29

Thoughts?

I call BS on the fact that MS never considered making it always online. I bet they leaked the rumor to see the reactions to see if they were going to do it or not. You guys need to understand that all MS wants to do is make money, and if making an always online console was going to make them money, they would have done it in a heartbeat.

I call BS on the fact that MS never considered making it always online. I bet they leaked the rumor to see the reactions to see if they were going to do it or not. You guys need to understand that all MS wants to do is make money' date=' and if making an always online console was going to make them money, they would have done it in a heartbeat.[/quote']

How so?

They already charge for XBox Live, so beside that.. how ensuring the console to only work online will make Microsoft money?

If anything, it's a protection system for dev console.

I call BS on the fact that MS never considered making it always online. I bet they leaked the rumor to see the reactions to see if they were going to do it or not. You guys need to understand that all MS wants to do is make money' date=' and if making an always online console was going to make them money, they would have done it in a heartbeat.[/quote'] How so? They already charge for XBox Live, so beside that.. how ensuring the console to only work online will make Microsoft money? If anything, it's a protection system for dev console.

If microsoft is supplying the internet.... (insert slick mindblow gif)

I wonder if the new controller will work with the wireless adapter that they made available for the 360 one. That would be nice. Improved D-pad sounds good, too.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

I wonder if the new controller will work with the wireless adapter that they made available for the 360 one. That would be nice. Improved D-pad sounds good' date=' too.[/quote']

I dont' think so. Because the wireless is more power efficient in the new XBox (longer battery life, same battery system). So they definitely use a different wireless system.

I mean they COULD make it, but that's less money in Microsoft pockets.

I have no sources to my input but i'm pretty sure i read that the new xbox wont be backward compatible, Unless you buy the external drive aka a mini 360 to go with the new xbox.  I'm also interested in learning more on the pricing leaked a 300$ sub based and a 500 normal version.   does this mean for 500 i don't have to pay for xbox live would really turn my opinion on ps4>xbox.

If you still have to pay for membership I'm going with the ps4 if I decide pc gaming is boring which is probably not gonna happen.

The next Xbox might take over the "living room expirience" but for games i would say PS4 all the way (besides PC). Everything that is leaked or came from Microsoft is just a big stay away for me.

I'm a bit split on the issue.

On one hand, I really hope these are true as not many good things can come from Sony, or any company, having a monopoly in gaming consoles. I'm a deep believer in the theory that competition drives true innovation and that a  competitive market is a healthy market.

On the other hand, I am a malicious person that would love nothing more than to watch a long, painful spiral of death for a product of this scale, with it finally driving home the point that always-online should not and cannot be done, at least for now.

Too late they've already announced that the Xbox 720 is going to be always online.

All I want to see in the new Xbox maybe, 

Here it shows a Microsoft logo so I'm guessing it will be on the next Xbox.

"Save the cheerleader, save the world- Hiro Nakamura

The hero LinusTechTips forum deserves, but not the one it needs.

So apart from graphical differences, it's exactly the same as the 360?

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

So apart from graphical differences, it's exactly the same as the 360?

I think so. Is that a bad thing, though? If it ain't broke, don't fix it?

at this point i really hope they dont use more windows 8 parts to it, the layout of the 360 is nice but i think it will get to a point where it will feel just as cluttered as the current windows 8 on PC