Projector as a soundhub

XtoR

Hi,

I'm planning to buy a new projector to my office and i have wondered if it is possible to use it as a sound hub, i mean that i will connect speakers to the projector and any device that i will connect

via HDMI cable will be able to play through the speakers.

Is it even possible? or i would need to buy something else.

and what are your recommendation for this kind of setup? 

The screen size will be 1.8Mx1.8M and 1M distance or so.

any recommended projector with 2 HDMI outputs and sound output - FHD res 800$ or so

Thanks

I've only worked with really high end projection, which was always accompanied by a front of house sound system, so I may not be of much help. However, I'm pretty sure if the projector has audio outs, you could hook the speakers up to that, and the sound should pass through the HDMI, into the projector and right back out the speakers.

Yes it is possible if the projector has a audio output.

Usually people don't connect the audio to a projector, but from the pc itself.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

5 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

You are correct. But the problem I've encountered with that is, you usually have to manually tell the computer to output audio through the headphone jack, rather than HDMI (unless Windows finally got its shit together). Most people may not want to switch that over, especially if they use HDMI to the TV or something like that. So in this use case, it may be more simplistic to pass through HDMI and have speakers patched into the projector's audio. 

You can also select Audio outputs inside program (such as KODI), so the main windows will output to internal sound, but the video program to hdmi.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

3 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

I know but we will use different computer each time and I want less cables to be moved and that ill have less cables to reroute if any problem occurs 

also,

any recommended projector with 2 HDMI outputs and sound - FHD res 800$ or so