Nokia 5 vs Iphone Xs batteryCase

GoldenLag

Case or phone?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Case or phone?

• Nokia 5 ($113)
    • iPhone Batterycase (129)

We all know the new case that apple has presented us that adds a slab of battery to your iPhone Xs (Max). Its pricing ($129) is quite high. It begs the question wether or not you would be better off buying an extra phone. The Nokia 5 ($113) is a similarly priced phone. Is the case really worth as much as a new budget device?

iPhone battery case:

Spoiler

IMG_20190120_102044.thumb.jpg.75e4024707d887e6cc9813a7c9e6d8cb.jpg

Nokia 5: 

Spoiler

IMG_20190120_102211.thumb.jpg.89c4b167950e7d9d1ac3c128042691c2.jpg

Would you rather have a backup phone or this new case?

I wouldn't want to carry around another phone just for extra battery life.

Have you considered just buying a "regular" power bank? [don't know what Your use case is but it seems a bit silly to me to carry around an extra phone in case your main one runs out of juice]

CPU - i5-8400 , Motherboard - ASROCK Z370 Killer SLI, RAM - 2x8 GB DDR4 2400mhz , GPU - EVGA GTX 950 SC, Case - SilentiumPC PAX M70 Pure Black V2 Storage - 240GB SanDisk SSD, 1TB WD Blue, PSU - bequite! 600w Pure Power 10, Display - Dell P2417H, Cooling - bequiet! Pure Rock, Keyboard - Viper V730, Mouse - natec Genesis G55, Sound - Philips MCD712, OS - Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

2 minutes ago, User1868 said:

-snip-

Well how often do you actually need the extra batterylife. Wouldnt it be better to have a backup phone. For those moments?

This isnt in relation to a usecase. My phone allready has way to much batterylife to worry about this. 

8 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

-snip-

Well I wouldn't want to have to go through the hassle of switching SIM cards (I guess nowadays you can get a duplicate).

Also would a iPhone user really want to have a Android as backup? 

CPU - i5-8400 , Motherboard - ASROCK Z370 Killer SLI, RAM - 2x8 GB DDR4 2400mhz , GPU - EVGA GTX 950 SC, Case - SilentiumPC PAX M70 Pure Black V2 Storage - 240GB SanDisk SSD, 1TB WD Blue, PSU - bequite! 600w Pure Power 10, Display - Dell P2417H, Cooling - bequiet! Pure Rock, Keyboard - Viper V730, Mouse - natec Genesis G55, Sound - Philips MCD712, OS - Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

I think that battery case has 2200Mah battery (this was harder to find than it should, almost if they don't wanna say it) and the nokia has 2900Mah battery + comes with rest of the phone..

But i would not buy the nokia phone... i would sell the iphone, ipad, imac, then would buy Oneplus 6t phone, lenovo laptop and pay my children's collage fees. Then i would run out of the house wearing nothing but socs while screaming "DOBBY IS FREE" at the top of my lungs..

But thats just me... i would still keep the original ipod though... :/

Ph34r 7h3 cu73 0n3s