Is my PSU not big enough?

Pe0sZeNn

So I recently installed a new aio in my computer and since then it has been really weird... For example when I plug in a usb device the whole pc will freak out and mouse/keyboard/headset will start freezing randomly. Before this aio I used the stock cooler and everything was fine. Also when I play CS:GO my gpu is 85-95% loaded but before that aio installation it was less than 50% and my fps are way less than they used to be. Could all these problems be because of my psu not being big enough or is it something else? here are my specs and peripherals

CPU  FX-6300 4.3ghz +0.200v

MEM   2x 4gb 1866mhz

MoBo  gigabyte 970a ds3p

GPU   rx 470 8gb ( 1330mhz core +60mV/1950mhz mem/power limit +25)

PSU  corsair cx600m

AIO   Be Quiet! Silent loop 240mm

Total fans   6 120mm

Others     2 144hz monitors/ usb headset/usb keyboard/ usb mouse/ usb webcam/ logitech z333 aux (speakers)/ random usb 3.0 extension

Your CPU is probably pulling around 270 watts and your GPU could be drawing around 200 (although that's an estimate).

You should be fine for wattage, but I'm not certain. You could always buy a Wattage meter to check.

Have you tried running memtest?

OCing the 470 past 1750 often loosens timings (which can actually drop performance down below what it was before).

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

well I had the gpu overclocked before and no problems with fps at all. I dont really know how much power the cpu and the aio use together but when i run a power supply test on occt i have no problems while its running but when i turn it off i just get black screen on the one monitor and the other one just stays frozen for 3sec...that never happened before

It's not your PSU.

Besides, USB is +5VSB.

22 hours ago, Imbellis said:

Your CPU is probably pulling around 270 watts and your GPU could be drawing around 200 (although that's an estimate).

Those are overestimates. An extreme overestimate in the case of the CPU, a more modest overestimate for the GPU.

The small OC and overvolt might push the CPU to around 125W. Likewise, the RX 470 might be pushed to around 170W.

As a result, OP is completely fine on the wattage. The CX600M isn't the greatest quality, but these problems don't seem like a manifestation of a PSU issue anyway.

17 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

Those are overestimates. An extreme overestimate in the case of the CPU, a more modest overestimate for the GPU.

The small OC and overvolt might push the CPU to around 125W. Likewise, the RX 470 might be pushed to around 170W.

As a result, OP is completely fine on the wattage. The CX600M isn't the greatest quality, but these problems don't seem like a manifestation of a PSU issue anyway.

Here's where I got the 270W estimate for the CPU.

Here's a 140W estimate without OC on the 470.

Looking back on the CPU estimate - I think I misinterpreted the data as being solely for the CPU, while in reality, it's more likely to have included the mainboard and perhaps other devices. I was probably tired when reading it and didn't notice it was unreasonable (Or I thought I had already added the wattages together); however, my 6300 is drawing 105 watts without any OC.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

Your psu should be enough. Although that doesn't rule out the possibility of your gpu being under powered. I had a similar issue, my connectors were loose. Check there first.

Cooler(s) and the changed utilization of your CPU have nothing to do with each other.  Have you installed some software that can cause this? Some shitty controller software for the AIO?

The first rule of fault/error searching is to eliminate things that have changed since it's last working state. So start with removing software. Does that not help, either with the load/fps and USB change back to the stock cooler. 

Did you loosen any connections when you installed the AIO? Did you remove the GPU? Make sure everything is (back) in place and connected. Remove and reassemble if needed. Sometimes things get loose or nudge out of proper connection, for example if you are handling och transporting your case improperly.

Still not working as before? Try with another PSU from a known working computer.

Regarding the USB, is it just one port that is acting up? Or is it with all ports? Is it with just one and same peripheral that the computer acts up with? Check for bent pins or rubbish on/in the connections in both ends.

UPDATE

I got an error from windows saying device_manager_thread failed or something. I might have a bad cpu I think cuz 1month ago (no aio) it was actually hitting really high temps when OCed to 4.2ghz and I got it down to stock but it still would hit 90 degrees(celsius). So I am thinking of just buying better hardware like an i5-9600k with a z390 and new ram and after some time a gpu. The question is; should I just buy a used new am3+ socket cpu like the 6350 (dont need more rn) or just keep the one I am using and upgrade in a couple of months?