pc freezes and needs hard restart with new second hand gpu

Full_Logicz

I just bought an asus gtx 1080ti second hand and my pc started freezing every time i cold started it ( after taking a couple hour break ) after one hard restart it works just fine until the next time i start it. This thing never happened with my 1060.

I want to know if the gpu might be at fault for this or is it just some software problem, can this be warranty worthy if it's the gpus fault ?

Also whenever the pc freezes it makes this really loud noise in my speakers, it sounds like loud static for a fraction of a second.

43 minutes ago, Full_Logicz said:

I just bought an asus gtx 1080ti second hand and my pc started freezing every time i cold started it ( after taking a couple hour break ) after one hard restart it works just fine until the next time i start it. This thing never happened with my 1060.

I want to know if the gpu might be at fault for this or is it just some software problem, can this be warranty worthy if it's the gpus fault ?

Also whenever the pc freezes it makes this really loud noise in my speakers, it sounds like loud static for a fraction of a second.

It might be driver issue..Just ddu it and install new drivers

Did you reinstall windows after putting the new card?..try reinstalling windows in nothing works.

17 hours ago, Full_Logicz said:

Check the psu. Try other PSU that has more watts.